Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax why ya don't want it why ya don't need it and how to remove it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

both were just taking your money

if u didnt have them put in they would just happebn on theyre own

you may think the rest is wax free but whats insidse you cant see or feel if they are real thin you maybe lucky but if they are 1/2 inch or more thick theres almost a gaurantee they are full of wax on the inside

and ppk have found that to be true from 1 single use 1/4 the recomended amount

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Miyabi
@miyabi
13 years ago
4 posts
i was actually searching for tam patterns to crochet when i came upon this thread and wanted to thank you, i feel alot better about starting my dreads without wax now. im on my first week of my dreads and i was worried that they wont look as good as others ive seen or that they wont knot up as good. i can feel better knowing that my locks will be healthy and not moldy on the inside from wax. thanks, much luv!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha the wax dreads never lock up right ..and wax is just gross

--
Pann
@pann
13 years ago
16 posts

I am so glad I didn't manage to do any waxing. Which, I kinda wonder, if someone were to use wax when they were getting the locks, and then they never were to mess with wax again, but still left the wax that they had in the hair, what exactly could that do to the locks? Other than slowing the locking process? Would it cause long term damage? Or eventually, after a long time, just come out?

...Text edited due to squid attack....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well thats it one use u may get out completely easily if u do it really quickly i mean within the 1st 2 months most likely

odviosly the more that was used and the longer it was in the harder it is to get out..

long term problems

the cuticles sealed no longer able to function

on the lowest levels

dirt grime moisture polution yuck trapped in it year after year

mich higher chance of dread rot mold & mildew

if regular recomended use for months ..you can actualy keep it from dreading at all for years

1 girl here had i think it was 5-10 year old dreads waxed lel less then recomended but for several months to a year and at 5-10 years (need coffee to remember exactly) the waxed ends were not at all dreaded

find the "my dreads are waning because of waxing" thread its featured i think

it also depends on thickness

real thin dreads are easier to get it outta

also they recomend you melt it in..if you didnt melt it in its esier to get out

--
Antonio Trak-Kingz Taylor
@antonio-trak-kingz-taylor
13 years ago
7 posts
i use wax like twice on my hair..to dread it..but after reading this i dnt think ima stop an start over i might just quit using it..since its only been used twice on my head...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well its in there forever unless u remove it its evil to remove too

--
Antonio Trak-Kingz Taylor
@antonio-trak-kingz-taylor
13 years ago
7 posts
i understand but i can see if i used a whole lot i just barley twisted it in but ima quit using it nw..after reading this..an look into some removers like you suggested..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude you are working on them because wax prevents dreading if the wax was not there youd never have to work on them they just dread

wa will destroy your dreads remove the wax and see every week wax free they dread more then they will in months of waxiness

in fact after 10 years waxed they wont be dreaded only compressed in hardened wax

its evil its a scam and your dreds will be ruined if u use it

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 11:30:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your in for a big surprise

look around..this sites huge and has a hell of alot on how many been harmed by wax..look around rthe net.. type dreads no wax see how many hots u get...wax is the number 1 ruiner of dreads

dude..theres a reason we get twice the traffic of both dreadheadhwq and knottyboy combined thry prey on newbies most ofthe shit they sell ends up in the trash..

read man...

that crap is horibe for dreads ..close to 1000 of our members lost dreads 1-3 times to wax b4 realizing how bad it is..

Edward Haney said:

But I don't have wax inside my dreads. I had to cut off part of a lock after I got epoxy on it and there wasn't wax inside. It's all about portion control. The inital waxing was 2 grams(about 2 M&Ms) of wax. After that, I just used a little wax when a dread didn't have any at all. After the first month, I did a hot rinse (3 washings in very hot water) to get a lot of the wax off my dreads. Then I started my A-Bmaintenanceroutine and they are locking up just fine. After my locks are matured, I won't use the wax anymore because it won't do anything. Wax is just another way to help dreads mature.

soaring eagle said:

dude you are working on them because wax prevents dreading if the wax was not there youd never have to work on them they just dread

wa will destroy your dreads remove the wax and see every week wax free they dread more then they will in months of waxiness

in fact after 10 years waxed they wont be dreaded only compressed in hardened wax

its evil its a scam and your dreds will be ruined if u use it

--

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form