dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

excessive dryness of hair or scalp or both

hard areas that cant be explained by crochet or wax .. excessively dry dreads can have hard stiff spots  that a light conditioning softens yup real well

keep in mind, conditioning increases frizz, loose hairs and looseness

dry hair increases dreading and tightening

but you don't want to go too far in either direction

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I do have a few of what could be described as hard spots in my dreads. However, I've always assumed they were due to the past interlocking. Could that be the cases or is it possible that I could reverse this if  I were to do some conditioning with an oil? If so how often should do these kinds of treatments, like every 3 months or something more spaced out (ie twice a year), and how would I best do the conditing, like in a soak or something else?

updated by @ravens-light: 12/09/16 10:24:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

interlock can do that but generally will be small areas near the roots  like an inch

dryness feels both dry and hard..buildup can cause hardness but usually in larger ares like 4-6 inches same as dryness

condition as needed i often condition many washes in a row till i got too much loose hairs then switch to the liquid to dry and uincrease dreading..but i like mine soft

yiu can as often as you want but if its  no longer dreading then stop

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I have thought that the soap I am using was doing at least some conditioning for me since I have patches of loose hair again. I am also wondering if an ACV rinse may be in order soon. It's only 2 days after my last wash and my scalp is already itchy again, which is weird. I am thinking it's the weather since it is now actually getting cold. 

How would I best condition my hair? would I put the oil into a soak and or pour it over my head, or just pour the amount straight onto my scalp?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

best way i found is add a very lil bit to a whole lot of water

pour over head wait 1-3 minutes then partially rinse

meaning give a quick spray to remove any excess and spread it through your dreads but don't rinse thoroughly cause you want to leave some in

you can sorta feel when you used too much or have to rinse more

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

are you using hot or cooler water

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

In the winter I use warm but not super hot water. By a little bit do you mean like 3 drops of oil or more like 10?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

depends on the oil and amount of hair i use like a 1/4 teaspoon about

so experiment  for conditioner oils 3 drops wont do much of anything  remember you want it spread throughout your hair so try 8-0 try 15-20  etc start lower work up till it seems  nearly too much then back off a little

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So, you're saying to start with 8 drops and increase from there? I can't really figure out why my scalp is already itchy today, when I just washed my hair two days ago....I'm not totally convinced it's the heating system I have.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

could be the hotter water

--

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form