Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So I have heard this a few places online, and I'm not sure I believe it or not, but does water dry out your hair??? Seems illogical to me. I ask because n the past about 2 days I have used a very small amount of water on the roots of my hair, it helped the itch and seemed to help tame the gap a little bit(is this a bad thing to do?), but I still think I'm going to have to go back to using salt water sprays again. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea wherever's most convenient is best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

Raven's Light:

So I have heard this a few places online, and I'm not sure I believe it or not, but does water dry out your hair??? Seems illogical to me. I ask because n the past about 2 days I have used a very small amount of water on the roots of my hair, it helped the itch and seemed to help tame the gap a little bit(is this a bad thing to do?), but I still think I'm going to have to go back to using salt water sprays again. 

were the on sites about swimming/ cause chlorine or salt water will

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

No I just googled does water dry out your hair and I got a whole bunch of results about regular water drying hair out. I also was talking to a co-worker and they were saying that for African American hair washing more than once a month isn't good for their hair type. I sort of find that hard to believe, but if anyone can explain why that is accurate I would gladly like to know. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Today is my weekly dread washing day, and I am feeling a little indecisive about what to wash with, while my beer bar soap has been working out just fine I also have the liquid dr bronners soap I mixed up about a few months ago, and I am feeling drawn to use a liquid today, but I'm a little hesitant only because the beer soap has been working so well. I have another bar to replace the beer soap with, but at this rate, I wonder if I'm ever going to get to use the drbronners. This type of situation was why I had asked earlier about when/if someone should change up their shampoos. I mean I do sort of feel like I might wait on the bronners since the peppermint scent is good if my hair is super itchy

I may end up flipping a coin, haha. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

black people who wash their hair only monthly are victims of salon lies.

those who wash daily or a few times a week use far less oils, if any at all

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ended up using the beer soap, I hadn't washed my hair for about 8 days (today was day 8) so I washed about twice. 

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I what seems like a foolish question, but when are essential oils best to be used on your dreads? My hair has been doing alright so far this winter and the soap I am using seems to be fine at combating any kind of winter itchiness, so would I use oils only if it gets REALLY itchy or something like that, or are there other times to use oils like argon, coconut and tea tree? (those are all the oils I have at the moment)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

essential oils are medicinal to treat conditions. the others are carrier oils used to condition and as carriers for essential oils

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok. So I assume coconut and argon are carrier oils and tea tree is an essential oil? How often is it reasonable to condition dreads (with oils such as coconut or argon oils), I haven't really felt like my hair needs much in the way of conditioning the last few months. I'm wondering what signs I should be looking for that indicate if I need to use an oil like argon or coconut?

updated by @ravens-light: 12/08/16 10:31:59PM

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form