Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can I use coffee?

Bode Shackelford
@bode-shackelford
11 years ago
14 posts
So I love the smell of coffee and I was wonder like people use tea in there dreads so maybe could I boil some coffee and then spray it in my dreads for smell good or would that be a bad idea?
updated by @bode-shackelford: 01/13/15 09:59:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its used to dye them but not so sure its a great idea for smell lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

This is an interesting question, I love the smell of coffee! :D

I did some online research and it says that coffee can, along with dying, promote faster hair growth. I read that you can brew coffee and let it chill, and then use it as a spray into your hair and let it sit as long as possible. Rinsing is called for, but I'm willing to bet the smell will linger.

Another thing, If you decide to try this then keep in mind that coffee has the tendency to stain things! So be careful not to get any on your clothes or furniture. It can stain your skin too, so try not to let it drip down your face and neck too much unless you want to look like a zebra. :P

Bode Shackelford
@bode-shackelford
11 years ago
14 posts
Well thank you for the answers! I probably won't use it then unless I want to dye my hair
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Coffee's really acidic, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to put it in your hair on a regular basis. A less-acidic-yet-just-as-delicious-smelling-alternative -- buy some coffee essential oil, mix it up with some water in a spray bottle and voila!

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

Yeah.. old coffee smells rather rancid. You might light the smell of coffee but anyone with old coffee breath tends to be the kind of person others back away from very quickly.

Also, coffee does contain coffee bean oil and although it is acidic, you don't want to coat your hair with oil.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form