Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

3 weeks into, neglect, little knot balls at end of hair keep falling out.

peter3
@peter3
11 years ago
2 posts

Hey everyone, I am 3 weeks into the neglect method and its going great. I just have one question. I keep getting little fuzz balls all the way at the end of my hair, and I always think it is my first dread starting, but it is at the end of my hair, only held on by 1 or 2 pieces of hair, so its not that strong. Then it ends up falling out or just holding on by one hair then I end up yanking it out cause its now half way down my back(my hair is about 12 inches long.) Is this normal? I thought that maybe I am shaking my head too much or too hard and it ends up pulling the knots to the end of my hair due to the centrifugal force? I heard that shaking will encourage knotting. 20 minutes after these pics were taken the knot slowly started dangling farther and farther down, so I yanked it. Any way to fix this? or is it normal?

updated by @peter3: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

We lose 80 to 100 hairs daily due to shedding. In my personal experience....when a section of my hair starts to dread....it actually starts by tangling around these shed hairs. So by pulling these hairs out....you are undoing progress. If they come out by themselves...no sweat, but try to leave them alone.

peter3
@peter3
11 years ago
2 posts

Great info! Thank you very much!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

3 weeks in, lots of changes, knotting can move anywhere, all the time. Just let them be, stop having so much fun touching them....ha...ha...they will stay in eventually so don't worry about a thing....peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its normal just stop yanking on them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form