Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lumps, Bumps and weird Knots.

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

Okay, so I asked you guys before about the weird balls at the end of my dreads and some of you wanted to see pictures. So I finally got the time between work and stuff to take some pictures. Let me know what you think:)

Dread art:) It's supposed to be a mother holding her

baby

Happy as ever:D

Completely confident that I made the right choice. My dreads have defined me as a person.

updated by @jackie-turner: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Looking great. Yeah, it's all absolutely normal, it's what happens when the hair dreads. I don't really know why, but I guess it's just how they bunch up and shrink or something. Either way, it happens in all dreads (some more than others) and I love them, they add character and individuality to the dreads. Really glad to hear you're feeling confident in your decision :)

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

Looking good!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looks like perfectly normal dreads to me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

that certainly does happen, especially to those of us who ended up doing the twist & rip method. I have wisps, but mostly I have those paddles on the end. I am at 1 1/2 years now, and notice that those ends are starting to round out now. So how do they happen? Well, you can go to sleep with a wispy end, and wake up in the morning and see it blunting. The wisp bends up and decides to attach by its end. You just don't worry and let your ends do what they want. By the time your dreads are mature, those ends will add character to your dreads. No one else will have dreads exactly like yours!....peace

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Your dreads are gonna get quite a bit more lumpier and bumpier than that. They are just starting to do it. I expected to see full blown zigzag craziness when i read your post. but like i said... those babies are just starting :D They are perfectly fine and normal. No need to worry.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

They look great. Not bumpy at all, like I originally imagined.

Some people actually have bumps on the tips hanging on by threads of hair. Yours look exactly like they should at this stage. And they will get bumpier and messier with time. Then, they will start to round themselves out and look "cleaner". It'll just take some time.

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

Thanks guys! I have a lot more zig zags and stuff but i couldn't get to them to take the picture lol.

Sweet,
@sweet
11 years ago
133 posts

Very cute - its just all part of the process.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form