Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cut orSave?

James Martin
@james-martin
11 years ago
1 posts
So, I know you get issues like these a lot on here - loving the forums btw - like most, I just wish I'd found you guys sooner.My friend and I went through the blisters, heartache and scalp ache of 13 hours of Christmas movies and back combing hair, using the dreaded (haha) Dreadhead HQ kit.We back combed, waxed, blow dried. I wore tights on my head to bed for the first couple of months and was happy with the 'progress'.I skimped on the waxing because I hated the sticky feeling, but I otherwise rolled etc. following Dreadhead HQ's advice.Now I have been on the road travelling Asia for 5 months and I stumbled upon the BC&AV rinse to replace my shampoo. Tried it and loved it, which led me to investigate more and find you guys.Anyway, now I have another 13 months of travelling (at least) ahead of me, I am contending with smelly dreads, that undoubtedly have some wax in the middle and am changing between humid climates - where my hair never dries - to dry - where I itch like a mofoSo, I am unsure whether salvaging the 'dreads' I have is worth it on the road, or whether to shave and start from scratch.Any thoughts feelings and suggestions are welcome.Thanks for the forums,James
updated by @james-martin: 01/13/15 09:55:19PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Hey James, why not try and get all the wax out...? there is even a product called 'wax be gone' here.. it works pretty well in wax removal what i have heard. if you are really very unhappy about ur dreads at the moment and want to start fresh again n do everything correct right from the start, then i'd say cut them off and start all over again... it could be a nice, fresh and exciting journey.. good luck. cheers :)

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I'd try the Wax-B-Gone first, see if you can get the wax out, that should help a lot. But if you feel like you're still unhappy with them or you don't like how they are with all the climate changes, try to comb them out rather than shave your head (unless you'd prefer to, of course, it's all your choice). That way you don't have to start completely from the beginning in letting your hair grow again and etc., and you can just start them by letting them dread whenever you feel like you're ready. Good luck with whatever you do :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wax b gone and rot knot

the rot knots not on the site yet but will be by the end of the week just send her a message that u need it

u migght need a couple of each

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

save

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Dawn dishing washing liquid works well also. Do it the same as Eshantha said.....just substitute it for the BS.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form