Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Headed to the beach

Jamaica
@jamaica
11 years ago
5 posts

So, I think I already know what you all are going to say. "Don't get sand in them!" I have no intent on burring my head, I haven't been to the beach in years. Last time I was at a beach with sand I ended up with sand EVERYWHERE. So, should the trip follow a similar pattern, how does one get sand out of dreads?

updated by @jamaica: 01/13/15 09:54:45PM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

with soap and water. Sand is just part of being at the beach. It is gonna get everywhere with dreads or without. Don't let sand keep you from having a good time. Just keep it rinsed out as best you can.....and have a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

anything that goes in can come out just as easily

when sand dries out it falls out just by shaking em

bury yourself in sand without fear

ppl worry the same about mud

ive had mine caked in so much mud they were 3-5 times as thick

then jumped in a muddy river and it all came off (but ofcourse not clean due to muddy river) then 1 quick wash when i got home and clean as ccan be

tho with sand its when its dry that will be easiest to just shake out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Sand is part of being at the beach. It's in the air, the water, you shoes. Even your underwear (even if you don't sit on the sand, or go anywhere near it. This is still a mystery to me). But the point is, sand is to the beach, as leaves are to the forest floor. it's all around you.

If you can get to the beach, and don't mind getting dirty, sandy, and wet, it's one of the best places to be for growing locks.

Like Eagle said, just let it dry, then shake your head, and most of it will come out. When you wash, the rest will wash out. The bigger issue with the ocean is the salt water. When you get your locks soaked, don't just let them air dry, and go about the rest of the day. If you donk your head in the ocean, try and make sure you at least rinse your hair pretty well to get the excess salt out

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form