dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading straight "hispanic" hair.

Frankiee Manrique
@frankiee-manrique
11 years ago
1 posts

Peace be upon you.

I know that there might be the answers to my questions on here somewhere but I just felt like asking. (If there is already an answer on here you're welcomed to guide me that way)

My dad went on with the process of getting locks today without knowing too much about it or the proper maintenance. I told him NOT to lock it with wax (murray's beeswax from walmart to be exact) because I've read that is not good specially because that wax has petroleum or something. But he still did it with wax (I am not sure about how much wax he put on his hair) Anyways, he has all these questions that I wouldn't know the "correct" answers to even if I've read a lot of information about it because I don't have my locks yet.

So I guess my questions are..

1. Should he take them off and redo them again without the wax?
2. What is the best way to lock up silky straight hair?
3. When should he wash his hair since he just got them today?
4. How or with what should he wash his hair?
5. What if it starts to smell (he exercises a lot so he sweats a lot)

Information about his type of hair
is quite silky, very short maybe 1 inch or 1.5, he sweats a lot as mentioned above.

any help would be great.
I just joined today, I hope to be active in this forum. I'll make an introduction for me in a while.
Peace.

updated by @frankiee-manrique: 01/13/15 09:54:41PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I have posted some great tips that will help you. Although I started mine by T&R, the tips are also good for the neglect method. http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/just-starting-out-what-t...

Neglect dreads usually don't start to knot until hair is 6 inches long, but will separate into sections at any length.

Wax B Gone is the best on the market for removing wax. www.dreadlockshampoo.com

Very cool your dad wanted dreadlocks, unfortunately the wax was used. Make sure to show him the link I posted for you so he can make his own educated decision (why you don't want wax).....good for looking out for Dad....peace

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Here is another post by Soaring Eagle, you can see what wax does in the photos: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreadheadhq-knottyboy-owners-customers-dreadlockssite-wax-off-cha

I would certainly recommend he get rid of the wax. There is a supplement that encourages hair growth. It is called Biotin and can be purchased in the vitamin section of drug stores and Target stores. When taken, results of hair growth is noticeable in 3 months. The 6000mcg strength taken daily will help dad along to get to the 6 inch length, if you can't find this strength, just add up the pills to equal it. So if you only found 1000mcg strength, then he would take 6 of those daily, 6000mcg-he would take one daily. This is a safe supplement that works fantastic. ....peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

1 yes take them out riggt away

2 naturals best (just let it dread itself) or tnr

3 wash anytime u want but not every day

4 with a dread shampoo like www.dreadlockshampoo.com (best) or baking & soda acv

5 wash it

nothing will dread 1 inch odf silky straight hair

he needs 5 inches minumum 6 to go natural

so start taking biotin 6000 mg a day every day from now on it will grow twice as fast

as it grows stop combing let it dread nati[uraly as it grows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

more info

typicaly u get 3 inches loose at tips and roots for 1st 8 months or so then tightens up to 1.2 inch at each end

that gives very lil room for knots in 6 inches of hair

thats why tnr at 4 inches usualy falls out completely in 5 its 50/50 chance of some remaining

at 6 it will dread on its own

wax they claim can dread hair at 3 inches

but this is a scam as it only glues the hair together to look like dreads but it hardens and makes u think its maturing fast but hardened wax prevents any actual dreading even 10 years later when you remove the wax its like they were still just 10 days to a few weeks old and thats when they finaly begin actual dreading

wax also traps all dirt and water so causes dread rot (mold and mildew growing in the wax/dirt/water swamp)

wax causes infected breakouts

wax stains pillows clothes furniture everything you own will be ruined

wax dreads are heavy stiff and hard

your mom will hate being poked in the face by stiff hard dreads wile trying to sleep or cuddle

wax dreads almost never last past 3 or 4 years (5%) only about 1% make it to 8+

95% of wax users call themselves victims of wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form