Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

egg whites

Joseph Gaiche
@joseph-gaiche
11 years ago
28 posts
So i was in a shop called that hippie house in branson talkin to a bud about starting my natural journy. Somehow we got on the topic of old hippies and he said his friends use to use egg whites like wax but used them cause the came out and would not have anything bad happen from it. does it work? Thought it was a joke but its been in the back of my head for awhile!
updated by @joseph-gaiche: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Egg whites can be used as vitamins for the hair, since your journey has not started, guess you can use it, but I never would for dreads as the egg whites cook in hot water and would get stuck inside them, attract bugs and such. You really don't need to use it at all. Just throw away your comb or brush and you have started your journey. In two weeks you will see sections that have formed...that easy...no egg whites needed

Joseph Gaiche
@joseph-gaiche
11 years ago
28 posts
Nah. wasnt planning on it. more like thought a joke might have some truth. also i have work and cant wear a wool tam i can wear a bandana but i dont tie it. i cant look like my hair is a slob but i dont want to mess up anything. any ideas?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

why would ut work when wax dont work and u say its used like wax

ppl that believe dreads need to be sticky used toothpaste glue honney tar latex paint peanutbutter axel grease eggs mud clay cum gum ..iu name it

it all has 1 effect sticky gross dreads

egg whites would stink like worse then anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

use the bandana or tie your dreads up in a style, assure anyone who pressures you that your dreads are clean, you can use aloe (very little for young dreads it's conditioning) or dreadlockshampoo.com locking gel for stray hair taming if you want.

Joseph Gaiche said:

Nah. wasnt planning on it. more like thought a joke might have some truth. also i have work and cant wear a wool tam i can wear a bandana but i dont tie it. i cant look like my hair is a slob but i dont want to mess up anything. any ideas?
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

My husband did the egg thing when he made his dreads... that was about 25 years ago, and he only kept them a year. He says that's how his Jamaican friends at the time encouraged him to start them, and he said it worked. But he also said it was disgusting and smelled horrible. I think he left in on a week? Anyway, I'm glad we know now that we don't have to put disgusting or smelling things in our hair to make dreads. I'd imagine there's some pretty wacky things people have tried. I think he said something about honey too, but maybe that's my imagination.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form