Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nicole's Dreadlock Timeline: Recovery From Crochet, Going Natural

Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
We used a tonnnnnnn of conditioner, like a whole bottle. :/. And a brush. My awesome daughter did most of them. It took HOURS. But it was soooooo worth it. recoverytrouble said:
Wow, it's amazing you were able to undo them at all. They looked really tight on day 1 & 2. Did you just persevere with a brush or actually detangle the locks? You must have lost a ton of hair:(
Good to see it's working out really nicely now, keep the updates coming.

updated by @nicole: 07/19/15 12:52:45AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
welcome! It looks like you're on your way now! The crochet dreads looked painful, were they? You're gonna love going natural, especially after all this. I'm glad you've already decided on that because i imagine your hair is pretty damaged after the crochet & removal. Any other method would surely cause more damage to your already fragile hair. Many Blessings!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
lets have another update :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
well hello there.. i am in the same boat you were in.. my hair was crocheted and then i found this site.. actually found the site at the end of my last crochet session lol im just wonderin if i should take mine out..? i figured they would mostly come out themselves but if i just leave em alone now, whats already knotted might be a good foundation for the real dreads, eh?
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Updated :)Atom, I think that is your call. For me, I had to take them out. My dreading is a spiritual journey for me and I felt like I cheated by getting the crochet. I thought that was the only way to dread caucausin hair. I dont regret taking mine out at all. It was the best, albeit hardest, thing I have ever done. And I have 9 kids. lol. It was HARD to get them all out but we did. Now here I am on Day 30 of natural and I am SO happy I took them out. :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
9 KIDDOS!! Holy SH*T You must be one busy mama!! Nicole said:
Updated :)

Atom, I think that is your call. For me, I had to take them out. My dreading is a spiritual journey for me and I felt like I cheated by getting the crochet. I thought that was the only way to dread caucausin hair. I dont regret taking mine out at all. It was the best, albeit hardest, thing I have ever done. And I have 9 kids. lol. It was HARD to get them all out but we did. Now here I am on Day 30 of natural and I am SO happy I took them out. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
damn girl if u didnt have 8 kids...oh and 1 of those husband things..lolyour lookin good wow love those loopies

--
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
I, too was so close to taking them out.. But I changed my mind.. They're falling out. They're comin out on their own n I'm gna sorta timeline the whole thing, like them coming out of the crocheted knots n then dreading themselves.. It's only been a week n they're already lookin craazyy.. So many fuzzy, loose hairs everywhere.. I have a couple crocheted ones that I want to stay for good tho so I'm gna bead them up n let the others go. I'm losing more n more crocheted junk every day so I think if my hair doesn't wna be in the crocheted knots, it's not going to be n it'll get outa there.. :) I'm havin fun with it. N I can see u are too. Urs are looking terrific. I only hope my starts dreading half that fast.. 9 kids.... Wow. All I can say. Ur brave. :)

Nicole said:
Updated :)Atom, I think that is your call. For me, I had to take them out. My dreading is a spiritual journey for me and I felt like I cheated by getting the crochet. I thought that was the only way to dread caucausin hair. I dont regret taking mine out at all. It was the best, albeit hardest, thing I have ever done. And I have 9 kids. lol. It was HARD to get them all out but we did. Now here I am on Day 30 of natural and I am SO happy I took them out. :)
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
44 Day Update! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
awesome theyre doin well :)

--