29,640 posts

Wow that’s awesome for one month!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
Posted a 2 month update, a little late but the pictures were taken at the right time. I love touching my hair when I’m separating, feeling all the loops and textures and knotty-ness, and seeing all the changes my hair is going through. Shrinkage has definitely begun, but I’m embracing it. I haven’t been this happy with my hair in a long time. ❤️
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Wow stunning progress for 2 months

--
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
I appreciate it, SE. How have you been doing lately?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Geez I keep responding with wow to all your progress updates haha.

I have been writing like crazy, and even doing writing coaching, yet use the same word every time I react to yours.

I’ll do better, because they are unique and fascinating, deserving of greater appreciation.

--
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
That’s kind of you SE. But I really do appreciate how you take time to respond to everyone who posts on this site, you are so helpful and supportive to everyone who comes by.
Writing and writing coaching, that is awesome. I like to write and should really make more time for it. I could tell from the “Dreaducation” post you wrote that you are very articulate. :-D
Thanks for saying my locks are unique and fascinating, I totally agree! They are a bit of Mother Nature on my head, each one so special. Stay well and good luck with your writing :-)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Our gilded pen Is our site.

but the newest aren’t on there because I’m trying to publish some.

if you want examples search this site for “to save a deer”

um.. on our gilded pen, my series is dark.. the stories surprising.. 

wait.. I can share an image prompt to story.

I’ve done several.

F2E96658167946149F44C0C3626F4292.jpeg

The Mineral Kingdom Messenger

Mitake ohyasin. The Lakota knew. When they say all my relations, they mean the rocks and the rivers, the trees and the wind, all are a complicated family. Relatives in a higher realm. 

The average lifespan of a fruit fly averages 14 days. The average lifespan of a homosapien is just 72 fleeting years. The average lifespan of grandfather sequoia is nearly 3000 years. Rocks on the other hand, well they live forever.

What? Rocks? Alive? Yes I hear you thinking. All things are alive. The atom is life. If you had infinite time, and infinite patience (and the longevity of the mineral kingdom) you might watch the rocks over millions of years moving slowly and interacting.

When the earth quakes and quivers, tectonic plates moving, pressing up against each other, the shaking and trembling the moment of climax. Slow motion global orgy spewing diamonds like spermatozoa from the volcanoes orifice.

Yes the earth is alive, and the mineral kingdom the dominant species. From the grumpiest of granite, to the wisest of the philosophers stones (sapphires may come off as brilliantly enlightened, but feldspar is the wisest. Granite couldn’t care either way, granite was happy just being granite, the zen masters of “just being there”) 

The crust of the earth has been crawling with the short lived ones. So many species come and go forever in a flash of light. (When you live forever day and night flash by unnoticed like the flickering between frames that fly by too fast to be noticed). Then they came. The beasts that blasted holes in the ground. The ones that altered the horizon with butchered rock and tree alike. 

Humans. In their short 72 years they seemed on a mission to destroy all life on earth. Even the nearly immortal rocks were ground to dust. 

The boulders march from peak to valley slowly (imagine the slowness of the mountains rising from the valley below, lifting brother boulders higher towards father sky). Although slow in motion, our mineral friends are quite quick thinkers. As soon as man left the natural shelters the rock kingdom offered every manner of burrowing and hibernating fauna, they began to tear down the rocks and trees to BUILD. Why should a species build when all our family, all our relations provide for every need? Building is an odd word when it requires so many things to be destroyed.

By the time rock after rock was stacked skyward in great pyramids (don’t get me started on the molten fate of sand) the mineral kingdom had selected a messenger. 

Good old granite. Grumpy as it may be was selected, perhaps because this invasive species was the grumpiest of all. Never satisfied, never fulfilled. Strangely driven towards mass suicide and extinction.

“Take their form, deliver the message. Mitake ohyasin. We must all live together.” The sapphires and feldspars protested. “We are so much smarter than any granite, send us, send us!” Deep from the molten core came the solution. 

The spinning swirling molten core is a horny devil. In a constant state of ecstatic excitement. Join in the pressure, join in the pleasure, merge together as one, as one. Granite, sapphire, feldspar, morphing together. Gold wanted in on the action too. “Come on, they like me, they really do!” Gold was the black sheep of the metallic family, nobody wanted anything to do with gold.

Soon after the cornerstone of the first temple of Solomon was ripped from his home and forced to shelter monks as they chanted to a being believed to be outside all known kingdoms. A king of kings to rule over rock plants and animals alike. A king that forfeited their kingdoms to these builders and destroyers. The cornerstone would hear them say “These things I give to you to use”. It was soon after that the core spewed it’s mineral bearing seed upon the earth covering a town they called Pompeii.

Grumpy granite never was much of the hurrying sort. But this was an emergency. These creatures need to learn a lesson only the eldest could teach them. The sycamores tried. Some of them, the builders, even tried to listen to the sweet natured patient sycamores. They too now adorn lodge walls. 

The granite grumbled and rumbled and forced itself to take shape, human form. Sapphire and feldspar whispering in cold damp moss filled ears. The fastest the mineral messenger could move was still mighty slow. By the time they (to call a rock he or she is to completely misunderstand the nature of rocks, from the grain of sand to the mighty mountain. They are.trillions of entities in one. Calling a rock it, is beyond ridiculous) rose forming legs seedlings took root. Perhaps they were encouraged by their mossy friends, and the legion of lichen crawling up the thighs. 

The messenger was soon to lose the battle of time. The seedling grew and grew in just under a century, a very short time for granite to grow up and take their first steps, it had engulfed them. Trapped them for maybe a thousand years more. Only their face was left free, thanks to a storm's fury. 

Maybe there’s still hope. Maybe it’s not too late. Maybe once discovered, the lesson would still be taught? We are one, we are one.

it added weird spacing, but, there ya go

--

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form