Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sunray’s peaceful freeform journey

rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
Omg that is so scary sounding!!! I used that method for my last set of dreads and I didn’t experience bad effects luckily. I live in Norway, so I don’t think I can get the bars advertised at the top of this site. We do have Dr. Bronners available online here, I’m probably going to get some soon
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

That works as long as you don’t have harder water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
1 week into freeforming and it’s going really well. :-) I’ve got really good sections going on that I’ve been separating, and quite a few baby dreadlets that are knotting up in the middle. I love the natural way my hair looks, I love not fighting with it ❤️ The left side of my head is locking up a bit quicker than the right, but I’m sure it will catch up in time.

I love the gradual nature of this journey, I love how these dreads-to-be are uniquely mine. I’ve been thinking about the divisive concept of “cultural appropriation” lately (I’ve thought about it before, since I had my first set of dreads 10 years ago). But on this natural freeform journey, I’ve realized: “cultural appropriation” is a marxist concept which fails to take into account how very many cultures have borrowed from each other over thousands of years years. *By contrast*, my hair locking up is something that it does 100% on its own, naturally, by my body’s own divine intelligence. How can I be “stealing” something, when my body is merely doing something naturally, following a natural process? Silly marxists.....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Awesome but the only people who ever said anything about cultural appropriation had salon dreads. Which is cultural appropriation 

Mine grew meditating on a mountaintop in a silent meditation tipi doing peyote ceremonies surrounded by thousand po7 d crystals we carried 10 miles into the woods. 

theirs they paid for in a salon chair

which one really represents a culture which a mockery?

the next point is they call Rasta locks and natural dreads “shitlocks” and even lost the k in locks calling them locs 

that is cultural appropriation which culture and race are not the same thing. 

--
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
Two week update today, lots of messiness and progress! loving my hair and loving the process. Not brushing my hair feels so good. 😎 My hair was super tangly before, so freeform feels like a perfect fit.
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts
That documentary was heart-touching, SE, I enjoyed watching it. And the part about ICT was super intense.
I read that the 2022 gathering will be in Colorado, I’d love to make my way over there this summer, I’ve never been to a gathering before. In these strange and isolating times, I feel like the collective energy would be so healing. I really need that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Be sure to keep on top of the separating or you will grt massive congos

yes colororodo where it started next year is the 50th gathering, its also, the 1st time the world gathering joins with our annual gathering. Its going to be huge

--
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts

3 week update. I separate my head of dreads 2 or 3 times a day 😅 They are really developing and I love this freeform journey. I love what I see in the mirror and it’s been a real journey of discovery.

updated by @rays-of-the-sun: 02/08/22 12:30:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
2 years ago
29,640 posts

Amazing for just 3 weeks

--
rays of the sun
@rays-of-the-sun
2 years ago
21 posts