Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Growing my roots, a personal and spiritual journey.

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

FemalePheromones:
Duskwood: I like to drink tea
This is the best thing I've ever read on this website.

I love tea bags.

Anyhow, I dyed my hair with henna and the top is now very very red. Because I dyed it black (with indigo) a year ago, the lower part of my hair is darker, but my boyfriend and both of my good friends both say I should stick with red, so that's what I'll do :) they say it suits me, makes me look more like a nature-loving witch :D

Tomorrow I plan on meditating under a waterfall, a kind of purification ritual, I will try and get some pictures of my hair then.

I have to say, some people seem to have the need to separate after a few months but I'm 4 months in and don't have that need at all... yet.

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
You don't have to separate??? Is your hair matting all together or outs staying loose and separate?

I can't make it a day without separating my loose hairs or they'll all lock in one big matt, only after the locks have began to form can i go a few days inbetween.
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts

I have to separate every day too.... I'm actually on vacation at the beach right now and I had to rip a few apart last night cuz they slipped by my separating and got HUGE....I was shocked at how much they had locked together already.....I actually did something to the tendon in my hand trying to separate it, no joke. It sounded like I ripped something when it happened 😳

updated by @tater: 06/27/19 12:31:08PM
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

I have one very knotty tangle, but most of my hair just kind of clings together, I still have to make some proper pictures (I keep forgetting!) which might help explain. It's probably going to take a long time for my hair to lock together, but I'm okay with that. I think this might mean I will end up with a lot of skinny locks, which I'd be very happy with, but who knows :D

I hope you didn't hurt yourself, Tater, maybe consider keeping a bigger one, once your hair grows and grows longer, there will be more. I look at Alborosie for example, look him up, he has a few really thick locks and it looks great =) Like, those locks are thicker than my lower arms XD

Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
That's crazy! Lol I won't mind them being bigger when they mature, but I'm afraid to let them get big right now cuz they'll get bigger and bigger....my concern (besides them holding water) is that my hair is very fine, and there's not a lot of it lol so it looks less scalpy when they're smaller. I did kinda regret doing it afterwards though, now that it's been a few days.....I ripped away a lot of progress....I had panicked though lmao those ones were so incredibly fat at the base. But that guy's in the picture look great!! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm curious to see what you mean though lol I'll be looking for the pics :)
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
I have some bigger ones at the base and throughout, BUT i separate as much as possible. Some are so small i know without a doubt they will Congo, but where they were clinging didn't feel right, so i keep them little until their herd makes itself apparent.
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Those dreads look incredibly heavy at the bottoms, can't imagine they dont pull awfully
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
Ooh that's true, I hadn't even thought about that. Imagine them wet 😬
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Yeah they look way heavy. There's a reggae artist called 'Jah Sun' who, I think, cut his locks not too long ago because they kept him from swimming with his kids or something. That's not really a problem when you live somewhere warm, though. I don't think so, anyway.

So, of course, I don't have any pictures yet because I always forget to bring my camera when I go outside and I don't want to make any pictures inside. But I'll try and get some soon :D ......... that's not a promise XD

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Okay! So I'm going out on a little adventure tomorrow, I'm making it a goal to get some pics of my hair this time :)

I've been worried that my hair isn't locking well, as I talk about here; https://www.dreadlockssite.com/dreadlocks-forums/forum/dread-maintenance/119210/how-much-time-do-you-spend-separating-your-dreads#r119257

But I still like to stick with my original idea of letting my Jaata roots grow and not care about it because I've spend too much time worrying about how I look and it's quite silly really. But like 99% of everyone else here, I'm very keen on seeing some real locks forming in my hair.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form