dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreadlocks, from day 0

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts
Metal mostly. You?

I'm actually going to a gig in Birmingham next month.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
TashTash
@tashtash
6 years ago
76 posts
@soaring-eagle - that looks awesome, do you get to those a lot?

@femalepheromones - metal too mostly, I want to get to the Black Stone Cherry/Cadillac Three gig in December.
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Never heard of Cadillac Three. Seen Black Stone Cherry a couple of times a few years ago but they really went downhill after their second album.

I've got 7 different gigs lined up between now and March. I don't think I've ever had that many in such a small space of time it's mental.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

TashTash: @soaring-eagle - that looks awesome, do you get to those a lot? @femalepheromones - metal too mostly, I want to get to the Black Stone Cherry/Cadillac Three gig in December.
@TashTash ever since i was 19

my dreads began there in vermont in 91, my profile pic was from that gathering in the 1st vid

some of these same people actualy this kitchen legally registered to everybody

showed up in my neighborhood in 2000.. well a crack hood 3 blocks away which began a decade of that hood being transformed into a safe zone a love zone  a protected zone..

so yea .. ..kinda feels like most of my life

know people conceived and born there who grew up there year after year others whove gotten old  and passed on .. i wouldnt be who i am without the connection with all of them.

btw vermin love supreme is a real presidential candidate (real name) whos a total trip.. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vermin+supreme

vermin helped us start lots of love in my neighbourhood (i'd say i did 80% of the physical labor really hurting myself bad the 1st 6 months)

we have a rainbow peace fleet an european caravan a rainbow island and big chunks of land for all practical purposes owned by everybody.

we don't go to see bands but to be musicians. we don't go to attend an vent but be the event. make it what it is.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

TashTash: @panther - I never thought about what it might do for stage fright, I do pole dance (not for money, just for fun!) and I don’t consider myself a very danc-ey person, I’m more clumsy 😂 but I love it, maybe it’ll help with letting go and finding my own rhythm?! I hope your stage fright disappears! What do you do? Totally get the metaphor about the baby too, we’ve took in an orphaned kitten, we think he’s around the 4 week mark now but we’ve had him since before he opened his eyes! He’s changed so much in the short time we’ve been caring for him, I have tons of photos 😂 Please let me know if my hair is making progress like I feel it is!

I`m a professional musician; I teach violin and piano and direct the church choir. I often have to accompany the choir or my students on the piano and don`t usually get nervous, but I also give concerts with the violin and then I`m a wreck. Tried everything - tranquillizers (years ago), hypnosis, acupuncture, schnaps - nothing ever worked. Violin`s my first instrument, I play it way better than the piano, but stage fright has always been a problem. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

get on the granola funk stage at the gathering you won't have stage fright there

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Yes, I believe that. I played in a band for years and was never nervous, it was a different atmosphere. But (a) I live in Europe and can`t afford to come to America, and (b) I`m really a classical musician. 

Dreadlocks are helping a lot, because it`s a control issue. The last gig I had, everything - including my hair - went wrong. So I just gave up the control and let everything just be the way it was, and I wasn`t nervous and everything turned out fine and I played better than I ever had before in public. I just have to give up the illusion that I can control anything for everything to turn out great, it seems......

Thanks, @soaring-eagle - you are a great source of inspiration and I often quote you!!

updated by @panther: 10/25/18 03:39:48PM
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Playing the violin is what I can do best. Maybe we are always most afraid of what we can do best. Maybe it is our inherent greatness we are most afraid of, not our weaknesses. More than likely, I would say.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

well there are gatherings all over europe just smaller ones  and all types of music are welcome and appreciated

people cary grand pianos 10 miles up a mountain

and you'll see such an amazing mix of styles from Romanian gypsy to african native american aincient hndu u name it

i remember a japanese sister with a cora  joined by a bagpipe 3 mandolines a banjo a nose fluide and stand up bassdoing an almost clasical/operatic version of bob marley tunes

and we have wandering minstrels who play whatever they want to play as they wander on by

--
Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

Wow, sounds great @soaring-eagle "a japanese sister with a cora  joined by a bagpipe 3 mandolines a banjo a nose fluide and stand up bassdoing an almost clasical/operatic version of bob marley tunes" wish I`d seen that!

I`ll keep an eye open for Rainbow Gatherings in my European country.

/ 15

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form