Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

AMPs Natural Timeline

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

Well I haven't cut any off. Can't bring myself to do it. I've gone this long might as well continue. In a general update my hair was getting soft and I had a lot of loose hairs. I thought maybe it was just a phase but I discovered it was the extreamly hard water. After moving to another house down the road with a water softening system my hair has tightened right up and the loose hairs are way less. Since I no longer have any loose undreaded sections I decided to count them. 55 in total. 4 of them are quite thick because I allowed them to congo but most are average sized and a couple are thin. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

were you using the shampoos made for hard water? (vickis) but glad you decided to keep going

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts
Yes. I was alternating between the liquid and bars.
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

I just realized I didn't put a one year update! It's so hard to believe it's been that long. I've grown so much as a person since starting this journey. Not just because of dreads obviously but this year has been one of self discovery, personal growth and individuality. I've gone from a home bound, scared individual in a crappy job to this. I quit my job and am now traveling the US with my two cats using the WWOOF program. I'm happier and more confident than I've ever been. 

My my dreads are not what I had envisioned at all. I wanted thin wispy ended dreads with a few kinks and what do I have? Chunky, bumpy, flat ended dreads. But you know what? That's ok. They are uniquely me and mine. 

IMG_3211.jpg
IMG_3211.jpg  •  91KB

IMG_3213.jpg
IMG_3213.jpg  •  100KB

IMG_3212.jpg
IMG_3212.jpg  •  105KB

IMG_3214.jpg
IMG_3214.jpg  •  106KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i love them!1 in your travels did you make it to the rainbow gathering?

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

i love them!1 in your travels did you make it to the rainbow gathering?

Unfortunately no. I'm hoping I can next year. This year just didn't pan out in that direction. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

aww would have loved to see you there

btw sooo many ppl came up and said this site helped them dread (or was only reason they dreaded)  and 100% of all dreads i saw there were natural.. and loads of wild congoes

1..the craziest you ever saw

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

I've separated a couple more large forked dreads. Everything is still going well. Though I'm still surprised that I have to separate after basically every shower. 

So another question. What carrier do you use for your essential oils? 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i often just put some in water unless i need conditioning then i like jojoba or argon 

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

Little update. Sadly I've lost almost all my wispy tips. They are all flat and rounded now. Several things have been different, the shower is hot instead of cold hose water, I'm out of liquid shampoo, also I've been pretty neglectful and only washing once a week or a couple days over. When it's cold and you're showering outside you tend to push hair washing off. 

My new hair is finding its way into totally new dreads between the established ones. Not sure of my current total but I'm sure its more than 55 now. 

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form