Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

AMPs Natural Timeline

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i love showering outdoors but i know what you mean  i lived somewhere tat was often 12 degrees out i went longer without washing then ever cause had to melt snow over a fire 

i kindas thought your dreads might do that.. they were ggoing wild

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

P3RMAamp:

Little update. Sadly I've lost almost all my wispy tips. They are all flat and rounded now. Several things have been different, the shower is hot instead of cold hose water, I'm out of liquid shampoo, also I've been pretty neglectful and only washing once a week or a couple days over. When it's cold and you're showering outside you tend to push hair washing off. 

My new hair is finding its way into totally new dreads between the established ones. Not sure of my current total but I'm sure its more than 55 now. 

The same has and is happening to me. All my ends are round and mostly flat, too. Just in the front i still have a couple of loose ends, but i think they will soon get blunted as well. I think that is how our hair type is forming dreads. My hair starts with knots at the curly tips and works its way up to the roots. I guess that's why almost all of my tips are blunted. But so what, i like em like that and that's what nature does to me. I really like yours too!

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

i love showering outdoors but i know what you mean i lived somewhere tat was often 12 degrees out i went longer without washing then ever cause had to melt snow over a fire

i kindas thought your dreads might do that.. they were ggoing wild

Well I definitely don't have to melt snow. It has never snowed here. I'm glad for that. The hot water is a recent development and should make washing a bit more pleasant. Can't beat washing under the stars though.

My hair is wild for sure. Doesn't matter that it's been over a year now they are still lumpy and bumpy as ever all the way to the roots. They are pretty tight though besides the wild wispy bits.

dread_stpauli:

The same has and is happening to me. All my ends are round and mostly flat, too. Just in the front i still have a couple of loose ends, but i think they will soon get blunted as well. I think that is how our hair type is forming dreads. My hair starts with knots at the curly tips and works its way up to the roots. I guess that's why almost all of my tips are blunted. But so what, i like em like that and that's what nature does to me. I really like yours too!

Thank you. Yeah. Our hair type looks similar. Always starts at the tips and works upwards, round at the roots and nearly flat at the tips. They are different for sure. I've not met a person yet that believes I started them naturally by simply not brushing. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

where do you live can i live with you? you can adopt me as a pet if you want haha

my dream is 160+ acres off grid community...with a waterfall

can't beat group showers in the woods either haha

we had 1 powered by a bicycle  that pumped the water high up into the trees  where it rained down on everyone through the leaves, rock floors moss covered log benches and  mushrooms everywhere, with a fern privacy fence around it..enchanted showese

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts
Lol well I am currently on an island off the coast of South Carolina with no access except by ferry called Daufuskie. I've just accepted a management position on a community farm here. I've been here two and a half months so far.
updated by @p3rmaamp: 12/15/17 05:21:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

very nio9ce except..climate change... an island off the coast  might not exoist too long and your in line for huricanes.. id be much more inclined if it was above 15000 feet above sea level and 50 miles or more inland

--
P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:

very nio9ce except..climate change... an island off the coast  might not exoist too long and your in line for huricanes.. id be much more inclined if it was above 15000 feet above sea level and 50 miles or more inland

I hear you. The highest point on this island is 24 feet above sea level. Not that great. That scares me. This is definitely a temporary thing. My dream is to live in the blue ridge mountains. Preferably with 40+ acres and an eco B&B
updated by @p3rmaamp: 12/15/17 10:12:22PM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
7 years ago
156 posts

[quote="dread_stpauli"]

[/quote]

Thank you. Yeah. Our hair type looks similar. Always starts at the tips and works upwards, round at the roots and nearly flat at the tips. They are different for sure. I've not met a person yet that believes I started them naturally by simply not brushing. 

[/quote]

Yeah that's true. I talked to a girl with crotcheted dreads a while ago and she could'nt believe that i will not do anything against the flat ends in the future to get em round and straight. I guess she also did'nt know that it is possible to grow dreads without doing anything except washing. That is sad actually.

P3RMAamp
@p3rmaamp
7 years ago
80 posts

Took some pictures. I think my hair looks much more mature and soft. 

IMG_3336.jpg
IMG_3336.jpg  •  100KB

IMG_3337.jpg
IMG_3337.jpg  •  135KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yes definitely and they will look so good when longer

--

/ 10