Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

love and dreads

Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
kinda worked out for me, the woman I've been with for awhile actually likes dreads, and has helped me with them when I started *not the actual back combing part but more like emotionally,, oh and a couple times she stabbed them with a crochet needle but that kinda scared me but the thought counts :)she's even toyed around with the idea of getting them but I wouldn't pressure her into something like that.as far as other women most of the superficial types don't really have anything worth hearing "I liked your old hair better" or something just stupid. I remember someone earlier saying that dreads can really filter through the majority of close-minded people you meet, and sometimes shows who's really even worth knowing. after awhile it becomes more apparent.that being said I can't imagine anyone changing their hairstyle for any man/woman. I'd imagine that'd be the first step toward a controlling relationship,, but some people like that crap.Ohh, and as a ftw for the sex life part, I love when she pulls my hair.. hahaha
updated by @iain: 07/22/15 08:51:29PM
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
that guy was a bit of a d-bag and karma totally kicked him in the ass later on. soaringeagle said:
if anyone ever said that to me id actual]y backcomb right that second as much as i hate backcombing that would make me want dreads in a hurry just to get riod of the close minded retard
theres no excuse for that

Jo McClelland said:
I had an ex that i mentioned dreads to and he said something to the effect of "if you do, we are over" so I didnt, but I ended that not to long after. Actually it was a couple days after I told him to be out of my house before I got home from school and he acted accordingly. But my husband, he loves em. Probably as much as I do. And personally, I think dreads are really attractive.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
Haters will hate, and lovers will love.I liked wut Iain said-"someone earlier saying that dreads can really filter through the majority of close-minded people you meet, and sometimes shows who's really even worth knowing. after awhile it becomes more apparent."thats for surrrre
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
winks backi havent drawn the line at not dating a meatearer altho i wish i wouldbut i make it clear b4 we start dating that i wont kiss em after they eat meat till long after

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
That is definitely for sure, and a really good way to look at it. Matted Dew said:
Haters will hate, and lovers will love.
I liked wut Iain said-
"someone earlier saying that dreads can really filter through the majority of close-minded people you meet, and sometimes shows who's really even worth knowing. after awhile it becomes more apparent.
"
thats for surrrre
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
My wife loves them.I mean I really don't have dreads since i have only begun cultivating them 7 weeks ago. However, since I backcombed a little some of them are forming very quickly soif you were to look at me you would be able to recognize that I was growing them.Anyway, she thinks they are great for many reasons. Of course she thinks they are attractive and she also loves that ever since I have been growing them I actually bathe more often.lolWhen my hair was just long I didn't wash it very often at all and all I did for maintnance was brush it once in a while. She was telling me that it looked really bad becuase I hadn't had a trim since I began growing it and all my ends were splitting or something.So now it actually looks much better.She says she is going to start them for herself if she gets pregnant. She figures that while she is pregnant she won't really feel like dealing with her hair anyway so just leaving it alone for 9 months would be kind of appealing. I love the idea. I think dready women are very sexy.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
a freind in germany's dad began his dreads the day her mom became preg with hershes now 38 i think her dads dreads are dragging on the ground and hes moved to the jungle in belizei think starting your dread birth along with your child births an amazing thing Didjeridurian said:
My wife loves them.

I mean I really don't have dreads since i have only begun cultivating them 7 weeks ago. However, since I backcombed a little some of them are forming very quickly soif you were to look at me you would be able to recognize that I was growing them.
Anyway, she thinks they are great for many reasons. Of course she thinks they are attractive and she also loves that ever since I have been growing them I actually bathe more often.lol
When my hair was just long I didn't wash it very often at all and all I did for maintnance was brush it once in a while. She was telling me that it looked really bad becuase I hadn't had a trim since I began growing it and all my ends were splitting or something.
So now it actually looks much better.
She says she is going to start them for herself if she gets pregnant. She figures that while she is pregnant she won't really feel like dealing with her hair anyway so just leaving it alone for 9 months would be kind of appealing. I love the idea. I think dready women are very sexy.

--
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
My boyfriend doesn't really like them... he says it reminds him of all the dumb druggies he had to deal with when he lived in California, but he knows that would never be me... He complained when I had my waxy ones because they poke him in the face when he was holding me at night. When I said I was going to start them again he said NO but I assured him they wouldn't be sticky and gross like before. Now he just whines that he can't run his fingers through my hair in the morning like he does to wake me up... I am unaware that he has ever done this not to mention I sleep with my hair in a ponytail so it would be rather difficult to run his fingers thorough my hair. Once they are more established then he may change his tune cuz he likes to pull my hair in bed... If he dumps me because of my hair then it isn't meant to be...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm is he running his fingers through to undo dreads?if he dumps ya join the dready singles group and ya wont be single long Izzy-licious said:
My boyfriend doesn't really like them... he says it reminds him of all the dumb druggies he had to deal with when he lived in California, but he knows that would never be me... He complained when I had my waxy ones because they poke him in the face when he was holding me at night. When I said I was going to start them again he said NO but I assured him they wouldn't be sticky and gross like before. Now he just whines that he can't run his fingers through my hair in the morning like he does to wake me up... I am unaware that he has ever done this not to mention I sleep with my hair in a ponytail so it would be rather difficult to run his fingers thorough my hair. Once they are more established then he may change his tune cuz he likes to pull my hair in bed... If he dumps me because of my hair then it isn't meant to be...

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
man, that would frustrate me so much if my girlfriend disliked my dreads, but it looks like yours are coming along nicely though

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form