Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it just me?

Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
People are conformists and once you go against the grain they get uncomfortable. They take it really personal. It's ridiculous but shake it off and keep doing what you gotta' do.
updated by @island-mamma: 07/09/15 11:08:11PM
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ye I'm gunna ignore them, another bloody relative came today and gave me a lecture i was like woteverrrrr.I have to say though thanks for all the support guys, if I wasnt on this site I think I would of cut each lock of by now because of everyone pissin me off lol xx
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
Yeah I hear alot of dumb stuff... like "you have to put poop in your hair to get dreadlocks". I tried to explain to the person that that is a Hindu ritual, and doesn't have anything to do with them locking! But I try to constantly remind myself that most of the time when people are making fun of something, they don't usually care about the truth, they just want to be mean spirited. And brother, I think that the more people "dread" your locks, the more that they are truly dreadlocks... : ) peace
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I have a cousin that's giving me a little shit but my parents love them. I get stared at sometimes when I'm out but I just smile at those people and they smile back most of the time. I really havnt run into any negativity yet.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Well that's gd man looks like you don't live near ignorant people lol

Jake Holland said:
I have a cousin that's giving me a little shit but my parents love them. I get stared at sometimes when I'm out but I just smile at those people and they smile back most of the time. I really havnt run into any negativity yet.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Oh they are everywhere, I have just been lucky so far. Shuaib ahmed said:
Well that's gd man looks like you don't live near ignorant people lol

Jake Holland said:
Elle
@elle
14 years ago
14 posts
I've had my dreads for nearly 2 months,my mum and dad still come up with stupid names for me like 'skinny mrs.marley','ropey head' or even 'medusa'..at first it really put me off,i used to cry for long hours,because i wanted them to love what I loved.now that it's been a while they kind of got used to my hair and dad was even like 'it suits you well'..if you accept being critisized and laugh along with them,at the end they'd give up and maybe look at you and hae a different reaction...never ever ever let it effect you,this is your and not somebody else's hair. If they ask you what's the point,you ought to have one....i would spend whole hours telling them all the points of having dreads.:)Good luck,bredren..hope i've been helpful.take care :Dxxxx
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
why do u even worry about it? its not your problem, its theirs...dreadlocks are the most convenient hairstyle out there, looks good (matter of taste of course), no maintenance, no hair on the floor or in the bathroom, no pain (because u r not combing) ;)ask ur mum if she noticed that its much cleaner house since your locks...;Dand dont worry about it, if people want to judge, they will find a reason...
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
on the day that i got mine done my dad said to me "IM NOT GONNA TALK TO TO YOPU UNTIL U SHAVE THEM OFF" in which i replied "Well looks like its gonna be a looooong loooong time" lol
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
hey, if u r not sure, dont look in the mirror ;)to be honest, i think your dreads look exactly how they should for young messy dreads, the best thing you can do is stop thinking about your hair and do something else... they ll be fine.try to enjoy shocking people, it is satisfying to be different ;) Shuaib ahmed said:
oh sorry didn't mean to put it in this section, I was jud so pissed off i forgot to put it in general questions. Ye thanks I guess i'll just ignore them, cuz they keep sayin my dreads dont look like dreads too and say it looks like a mess. So each time I look in the mirror I keep asking myself are they right? lol.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form