Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Melatonin

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

And yeah, I can easily UNDERSTAND how some of the things I say seempretentiousto your golf ball sizedConsciousness.

Heres another one for you..I think I have said it to you before, which im surprised you remembered anyway, as it seems nothing thats said to you gets past the monitor.

"If you have a golf ball sizedconsciousness, you will have a golf ball sized understanding." which elaborates perfectly, the need for this ENTIRE conversation :)

updated by @castaway-j: 07/03/15 08:12:11AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

And you can love the hell out of the universe and still be unaware of the various influences it has on everyday life. We would not have to go back and forth like this if you would allow yourself to just open up to it man. You obsever the universe as some external force when it is all internal...shit was that too pretentious for you buddy?

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

yoursubconsciousseems to be dying for you to wake the fugg up.

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

SE, many of those things are perfectly explainable. Training etc. Hypnosis is an effective tool. Im sure that meditation, too, can have a huge effect on peoples experiences. The brain is a powerful devise. Also, regularly abusing certain body parts makes them stronger. This could go a long way to an explanation. Muscles and bone grow stronger.

CJ, I remember many things you say, mainly because they are so outlandish. If you understood how memories are encoded, you might understand a little better.

Maybe you don't know, but I am a psychologist.Nobodiesconsciousness is more or less than anyoneelse's. All that is conscious is what weperceiveand are aware of. Do mentally ill people have higher a consciousness because some see things that we do not?

In modern psychology, there is still emphasis subconscious. But we find that it consists of purely automatic processes, that we do not need to be aware of. Memory storage, cognitive models etc.

You could both benefit from doing a little reading. Start anywhere. Books on evolution are good. Stephen Hawlking might just blow your mind. Best book I have read this year is "A Universe from Nothing" ,by Lawrence Krauss. Audio books will likely come in handy for you in a number of months, CJ.

You probably don't know this, but the retina is actually part of the brain. You are damaging a part of your brain when you stare at the sun.I strongly advise an eye exam.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

Adam, you seriously should have just let me think you were a teenager...wow.

"All that is conscious is what weperceiveand are aware of." and you are clearly aware of not much.

Yes, I am aware that the eye balls are anextensionof the brain. And as such, can absorb and take in natural light from the Sun. Der, how can our bodies produce vitamin D through the skin? Could it be similar to how a plant performs photo-synthesis? The human organism has the natural ability to adapt and overcome, some would say "mind over matter" as "pretentious" as that may seem, I know, I know. So after three months, of building up my Retinas ability to take in and absorb said natural Sun light, dont you think that I would be going blind by now? or have some abnormal growth on my eyes? Nay, on the contrary my results have been the exact opposite. I could go get an exam, last I had one my eye sight was like 21/20 or something slightly off. So if they have improved would it be all thatnoticeable? Like plugging a computer into the wall outlet, so do you plug your brain into the power of the Sun, the provider of all life within this solar system. I do a lot of heavy reading, but sometimes I can only read one page a night as each line is filled with esoteric wisdom that must be meditated on andabsorbed. You would like Steven Hawking too.

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

I just finished reading this entire thread, I'm gonna make this short. Kelly, there is a serious amount of irony in the fact that you call these people idiots that live in abstract and despite that you are determined to argue with and patronize them to the death. That's such a huge generalization, calling Americans easily offended. How would you feel if I said all Irish are drunken bastards? sounds horrible doesn't it? Leave people to their own devices, no one died and appointed you the new Albert Einstein. No one has to believe what you think and vice versa. Come on man, the things you've said are just unbelievable, I mean, just who cares that much to argue over the internet with people you don't even know. On top of that, you lash out to the person that created the very website you are logging on and verbally abusing people on! I mean, if you don't agree with Soaring Eagle, why the hell are you on his site where you can see what he promotes and believes in?? This isn't the only dreadlocks site on the web. You've gotten the valuable information that you need to have dreads, what else is left to gain? I master in the psychology of human personalities, and I can tell that you just love getting a kick out of letting people know you're the resident expert on everything south of the sun. Just let it go. If you really didn't care and really thought these people were idiots, you wouldn't be spending valuable time on this website arguing with them. Instead, why not go and research that "vastness of the universe" you so dearly covet? Be the person to discover what the world is missing out on! I just can't believe I'm looking at tens of messages from an individual so determined to let EVERYONE else know they're wrong and that's the end of it. Who are you do discredit and chastise to that degree? Just live your own life and leave other people alone man, your personality reeks of asshole and I can't imagine how you are around your affiliates if this is the way you treat people on a computer screen. Good day.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

It is hard when the truest normal(what Castaway J, and SE are saying) is brought about to be the exact opposite of normal. There is a reason people are being conditioned to think the way they are, cus the second they aren't conditioned that way, the government no longer has as much control over them. What happens when people can depend/use something that nature provides, when we are supposed to depend on doctors for these chemicals that aren't even natural to our bodies? What honestly sounds right about taking something that doesn't even technically exist in humanity, and bringing it and using it within humanity? I mean, if we needed these synthetic chemicals, then they would have already existed in nature in another form. And guess what, they do. And these forms they already exist in are the ones that are meant to be used. The universe was made so that people are made along with what they need, and the other way around. If it wasn't then people and nature in general would not exist my friend.

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

not to say modern medicine doesn't have any use or purpose. Because it does have it's use, especially for those who aren't as easily able to get these resources or to learn about them or for people who just don't believe that nature was made for nature. There are circumstances where yes, doctors or hospitals are needed I will agree on that. But to say that everything outside of modern medicine and homeopathics have no use is like saying that humanity is not part of nature.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

adam google heyoka you ask if mentaly ill are more aware well maybe you only think they are mentaly ill because they sare more aware

native american tribes like lakota and soioux have a tradition of honouring the heyoka as a sacred holy man a heyoka is a cotrary clown that speaks or walks baCKWARDS DRESSES ODDLY AND BEHAVES CONTRARY TO WHATS EXPECTED
THE HEYOKA UNDER YOUR GUIDELINES WOULD VBE CONCIDERED INSANE yet they are extremely holy and spiritual crazy horse was a heyoka

the heyoka reversal cerimony if you wish to no longer be a heyoka involves donating your favorite dog to the cerimony (some of this may seem barbaric to you but its the way the cerimony is performed) the dog is cuppoed up and made into a soup
the head placedin hole
the soap is boiled for 4 hours
while the heyoka chants and prays
then he reaches into the pot uop toi his elbows or shoulders to fish around for the head..holding his bare arms in rapidly boiling water for several minutes till he ghindsa it
once its found he eats it and shares the soup with the others

he is only released from being a heyoka if he is not burned at all

psychiatrist treaT EVERYTHING WITH POISIONS
YOUR LOVER DIES AND YOU FEEL SAD TAKE A PILL THAT MAKES U SUICIDAL

now relity
you think you see reality?
really?

your eyes and brain take in 2 billion bits of information only 2 thousand are processed
your brain filters out what it hasd no way to comprehend

when columbus reached america the natives had no concept of sailing ships so they could not see them thugh they were right there in plain sight
but ashaman saw the ripples on the water caused by the shoips passing and he stared and stared studying the ripples looking for a cause untill his brain could comprehend a solid object passing causing the ripples..then and only then would his brain alow comprehension so he could see

right now u see thousands of times more then you realize
so maybe staring at the sun lifts the viel of comprehension and alows a lil more reality to be seen

as a psychologist you should be intrigued and study this not redicule it yiu should try it and see for yourself

jusrt as some psychologists travel to the remote jungles to take part in cerimonies involvinmg sacred halucinigenic oplants to see whatthat dpus to alter the perception of reality and lift the veil

you realluy are incredibly close minded

you accept that science doesnt yet have all the answers and theres a mystery to the uuniverse yet you ridicule anyone that knows anything outside of your range of reality

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

I can't believe this is still going on... good grief dude!
A couple of things, I find SE to be quite humble and a good friend. I know he's busy, but he's never turned me away if I messaged him. Even with dumb questions. I think he's a great role model for the younger ones here.
I've never felt that I couldn't disagree with something SE says. Just like the homeopathic stuff. I'm not sure I'm sold, but at the very least I learned something new and I'm thinking of trying the rescue stuff he posted for my own anxiety. I can't see where it would hurt, and it just might help. Best case, SE has led me to something harmless that helps, worst case.. it doesn't work. *shrug*

I've found that SE is quitesatisfied with just agreeing to disagree. I'm not a vegetarian, SE is and swears by it. He's never told me what to eat. Just said how it's worked for him. I'm not mad, neither is he. It think it says something that you are so angry, and use words like idiot, and retard, and generally put down anybody that doesn't agree with you. I also suggested an eye exam for CJ, I'm interested in sun-gazing, but afraid of harming my eyes. CJ didn't say a single negative word back to me.

I just don't understand why you feel the need to attack and use hateful words? Wouldn't it have been enough just to state that you feel sun-gazing could harm the eyes? Then people would have both your's and CJ's side of it, and could decide for themselves. All this anger is not necessary....

/ 11

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form