with a, that scalp showing?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 07:46:32AM
Keenan Alexander
@keenan-alexander
11 years ago
9 posts

haha nah mate i said my dreadlocks were started 2 months ago. I havent been to a salon since and don't plan to for at least another 10-12 months.

Secondly I'm not made of money and I dont have a crazy amount of free time to play around with my dreads- I'm sure that I havent done any damage, and I'm skeptical about the damage the stylist has done seeing as I've read plenty on looping and interlocking, and still this is the only outstanding bad formation I have experienced considering how long 2 months is for my hair to mature and show damages..

Keenan Alexander
@keenan-alexander
11 years ago
9 posts

actually tbh at first my scalp was visible.

now it's not at all, its pretty messy and im not too concerned with that. also I've seen that video about retwisting and salons and like I said i had my locks started, not retwisted..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u should never go back but trust me the crochet and interlocking are severely bad noyt lile ypr going to lose every dreads next week but it does extreme harm..both do

as long as u stop both and never set foot in a salon again yoiu will be ol]k

theres a chance..a slight chance but still a chance thatr some day they will break where they were interlocked

and yea every other sites out to make money we are out to save dread s from scams and greedy dread destroyers

lokk..theres 10 thousand dreadies here many had done what u did

every 1 regretted it and stp]opped

not 1 would ever recomend it

theres a reason

we are dreadies that care about dreads

not about makig money of something that happens all on its own

thats why most dreadies say we are the only site to be trusted

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

boy=ut the scalp thing

when its done o=it pulls hairs out and ]pulls the roots severely tight stopping bloodflow to the folicules wich fall out and dont regrow.. well after a couple months they start to..but then if u interlock/twist again it does more damage the scalp gets damaged and less hair wants to grow back after several months ..no hair wu=ill grow back withoit reversing what was done..loosening the roots massaging the scalp with oils etc..eventualy theres a point of no return the guy t=in that vid..was as close to that point as u can get

since stopping hes had most if not all grow back

but most interlockers will probly need transplants

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ill add

these are mine only reason they are so long and strong is from avoiding all salons

never did a thing to start them just went camping and let em dread

never palm rolled crochetted interlocked waxed rubbed ..noything

when you just palm ri=oll you harm them permenantly.. poking holes in themwith hooks harms them severely root robbing twisting interlocking

everything they call maintenance is destruction

you dont do auto maingtenance by shooting it with a shotgun right?

maintenance should be gentle..washing and seperating ..and nothing else

trying to rush ythe process backfires too crochet once only anbd u delay dreading bu=y 6 months ..use wax and it may never dread

inlerlock and ui replace dreadinjg with the twisting through itself

there is nno replscement for patience

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Keenan Alexander
@keenan-alexander
11 years ago
9 posts

Yeah mate you sound pretty genuine and when I found the site I was pretty stoked to joined..

Thanks for all your advice dude I appreciate it. heres some photos of what they look like on this thread so you can tell me how unhealthy you think they are, i feel you cant really tell without seeing them. The only reason I had them started by a salon is because neither myself or anyone I know had the time and effort to do it for me.

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
11 years ago
409 posts

They renamed it AGAIN?! Sheesh. somebody, grab a thesaurus and we'll figure out a mile long list of possible names to warn people away from this crap.

Should call it "Loopingmyhandintoyourwallet" And that'll be $25 an hour. But that'd be a giveaway as to their true intentions. You don't need anyone else to help you take care of your hair. If you have fingers and can feel around your roots then you're good. All you have to do to keep them well behaved it to regularly separate them.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well u needed neither time nor ed-ffort

all u had to do was stop combing nd it dreads irtself..free and easy

well i see hints of danger but over all not too bad

u see a slight stu[iffnress due to crochet and gaps between

u see salons purposely make the sections bigger then they should knowing they will make them thin out over time your dreads will fatten alot when u stop messu[ing with them and lose the gappiness u still see lil scalp spots but not bad...its recovering

its 4 am so going to bed but post a close up of the 1 yoir worried about

--
Keenan Alexander
@keenan-alexander
11 years ago
9 posts
Haha. Yeah my hair never worked like that. I probably didnt comb my hair once since early childhood, and im 18 now. My hair was always far too curly to prevent nots, but i guess i never gave sectioning a try. I will post a photo of that one now

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form