Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do I re-do my dreads

Hope Wescott
@hope-wescott
11 years ago
2 posts

So, I've used wax and the whole 9 yards to get dreads(on dreadHQ) and now i realize they are misinformed. My dreads look like total crap from like 5 different methods and are so tight idk if they will even come out decent looking.Do I re start or let them be?

updated by @hope-wescott: 01/13/15 09:45:51PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Have you removed the wax? How long has it been? Once you get the wax out they'll soften up. They'll go insane then, loopy, kinky, zig zaggy.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if unsder a mionth start over if over a month remove wax asap and let them be

be sure to add ytour review to our dreadheadhq ereview page

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Devan. I would remove the wax for many reasons. Wax holds moisture inside the dread and causes mold, odors and dirt to stick inside of it. Dirt can't totally wash from the dread because it is stuck to wax. There is a photo on this site from a gal who took a pic of her boyfriends pillowcase...eww...he used was and the pillow case was all stained. Wax can also stain the shoulders and back of your shirts by slightly melting on a very hot day. Dreads with no wax, gels etc will free form clean, healthy locks which require washing. Newly forming dreads should be washed 2-3 times a week, bet they don't recommend that with wax. Glad you found this site to help you get the healthiest locks possible. Should you choose to remove the wax. use the dreaducation tab at the top of this page to help you along the way. All the best

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Again, remove the wax. When you do this, some the dreads might fall out completely, which is perfectly fine. They will lock back up again. Just be sure that the sections don't reach over one square inch.

Hope Wescott
@hope-wescott
11 years ago
2 posts

i stopped using the wax a week or so ago and i soaked my hair in conditioner for about an hour then shampooed and i think the wax is out.is there something else i should do? i cant afford wax remover

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form