Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Only been here a few hours but already this forum has taught me a lot

Mammayeo
@mammayeo
11 years ago
7 posts

I haver had my Dreads for 2.5 years now and everything I have learned from the Knotty Boy site was apparently bad. I was told their products do more damage then good. I knew they cost a lot and was looking for more natural ways of caring for them anyway, but I have to admit I was pretty shocked that they are bad for dreads. Specially wax. Antother thing is I have been tought to roll my roots. This is how you keep them seperated. I just read about how palm rolling roots isn't a good idea either here on the website.

So all in all I have to say I am very glad to have found this forum. I plan on changing my habbit and hopefully do a better job caring for my Dreads from now on. Now I'm off to read some more, and pass on the word my some friends who also have dreads.

updated by @mammayeo: 02/15/15 01:06:59PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Welcome. Good to have you among us.

You should remove the wax immediately. You can use dish detergent and hot water, or buy wax-b-gone. Both will take a number of treatments, but dish detergent will take considerably more.

As for keeping them separated, just pull them apart when they start to grow together. It's easier in the shower (so I hear.. My first set were completely free-form and I'm not that far along on my new set.).

Now, when you remove the wax, don't be upset if they fall apart. They will lock back up by themselves and you will have much healthier dreads, which will, potentially, last you a lifetime.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome well lets get 6he wax oit and u will love your dreads in a whole new way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mammayeo
@mammayeo
11 years ago
7 posts

Thank you so much for your advise Amanda. I waxed a little bit in the beginning so I will do the dawn thing until I can afford some de wacing shampoo. I really had no idea that it could still be in my dreads. My only problem this time round was my roots kept eating one another I was ripping them but then after reading on Knotty boy web page I began rubbing them then palm rolling them. I plan on letting them form naturally but maybe binding them temperatally to help keep them somewhat together.

But I do appreiciate the tips, thank you very much. From me and my dread babies. :P

Mammayeo
@mammayeo
11 years ago
7 posts

soaring eagle said:

welcome well lets get 6he wax oit and u will love your dreads in a whole new way

Thank you for the welcome I will definatly be de waxing my dreads As soon as possible I want them to be heathy and strong. Right now they are kind of dry but other wise in good condition

Mammayeo
@mammayeo
11 years ago
7 posts

Little said:

Welcome :)
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am glad for such a friendly site. :D
Mammayeo
@mammayeo
11 years ago
7 posts

Adam Kelly said:

You should remove the wax immediately. You can use dish detergent and hot water, or buy wax-b-gone. Both will take a number of treatments, but dish detergent will take considerably more.

Mine or pretty tight so I think I am pretty safe from them undoing, but I am glad to be on the path to fixing my dreads properly and growing them in a more natural no hassel way. wich is good since I have 5 kids and a husband to take care of . :P

As for keeping them separated, just pull them apart when they start to grow together. It's easier in the shower (so I hear.. My first set were completely free-form and I'm not that far along on my new set.).

Now, when you remove the wax, don't be upset if they fall apart. They will lock back up by themselves and you will have much healthier dreads, which will, potentially, last you a lifetime.

Mammayeo
@mammayeo
11 years ago
7 posts

Adam Kelly said:

Yeah this is the route I am now taking free forming after de waxing with dish soap. I am hoping to be a grandma with my dreads many years from now. I love how freeing they are and how fun they are to play with . :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wee ac tualy seen wax survive 10 years of washing

to seeperate just pull them apart..its pure instinct nothing special needed

have u noticed any breakouts or skin probs?

1 member was startedd by a salon they caked her in wax ansd did a rediculouse ammount of damage she spent 5 thousamnd dollars on her dreads

and another 5 grand on antibiotices and multiple sugeries to fix a prob wit infected zits

she removed the wax and instantly it cleared up and she cancled a surgery she already hsd scheduled

10 thousand dollars wasted on messed up dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mammayeo
@mammayeo
11 years ago
7 posts

Wow, no no zits really other then the normal ones I got before. I am going to scrub them with dish detergant for the nest few washings and hope that with hot water and the detergant will help me. I used very little and I have no idea of how I am going to rip them apart with them beign over 2 years old. They are fairly tight and I am thinking of just working on cleansing them with the detergant then conditioning them with tea oil lavander backinsoada honey mix listed here on the forum will be fine. I had melted it and used very little wax so I think I'll be good doing this and maybe picking up some de waxing shampoo here listed. I feel pretty bad for the lady who paid so much just to have her poor dreads crazy damaged. No worries I don't have nearly enough cash to do what she did. My dreads are mostly from a bit of wax one or two times and tightening gel and cooling spray other then that I have only used the Knotty boy shamopp bar and a shanpoo bar I got from LUSH.ca. It's the soak and foat one. My dreads feel super soft after and my scalp feels less itchy

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form