Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Desperate nomad! need help & suggestions

austin Starnes
@austin-starnes
12 years ago
1 posts

So here I am, nomad of about three months, currently in steamboat springs, Colorado bein a ski bum n trying to find a job and place... my hair has basically become a big, matted mess from sleeping on a bus 2-3 weeks and camping/hitching for weeks after that.. Also, I got a job interview in a few days... So i gotta figure somethin out lol.Where should I go from here? I'm not tryin to have wax and all that shit in my hair, I want it to be natural and easier (after the process) to maintain, I've had long hair for 5 or 6 years now so I'm ready for a change.. Anyway here it is..

It kinda looks like dreads from the back but it's not t all, everythings just stuck together n total mess. So my question is what should i do from here? I talked to one guy whos had 2 sets of dreads and he said i should just pull it all apart n start over, or can i go with what i got? What should I do??

Thanks everyone!

-Peace

updated by @austin-starnes: 01/13/15 09:40:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hes 1/2 right u want to pull them apart seperare the mass into individual dreads if its too stuck togetherto rip part (when wet) then add olive oil to the connected hairs only

if that still dont loosen eit enough to get them apart then carefully use an exacto blasde or razorblade..only snip enough hairs rto alow u to rip the rest apart

when wet its way easier

once its apart then seperate often

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sharon Renee Barber
@sharon-renee-barber
12 years ago
1 posts

Hello,

I live in Steamboat Springs also! I would be available to help you take care of your dreads if you still need it!

-Renee

email: powerpuffgirlusa@hotmail.com

cell: 307-389-5830

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont bother she uses crochet wich is extremely bad for dreads

Sharon Renee Barber said:

Hello,

I live in Steamboat Springs also! I would be available to help you take care of your dreads if you still need it!

-Renee

email: powerpuffgirlusa@hotmail.com

cell: 307-389-5830

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Meijka
@meijka
12 years ago
23 posts

I landed two jobs with dreads. I just tied them back with a small bun. I used a black headband to keep the front ones down and some bobby pins for the rest that like to poke out. I also used some aloe gel (pure) to keep the frizzies tamed. Good luck on that job!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form