Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new to the journey

jeremy guzman
@jeremy-guzman
12 years ago
3 posts

hey everyone i found this forum while searching google. i just started my dread journey a month ago

i started with a backcomb then got my roots interlocked then i twisted the hair and applied wax.. it looks messy now.. i plan to wash it and the rubberbands i put to hold the hair are coming off.. im worried about my hair not dreading but i understand its a process so hopefully it will get better

.. i just want to share the steps i took and get some helpful tips. thanks for reading =]

updated by @jeremy-guzman: 01/13/15 09:34:33PM
Erika Ostroski
@erika-ostroski
12 years ago
22 posts

You shouldn't use wax, or interlock. If you can, I'd suggest taking the interlocking out, and rid yourself of the wax.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Your locks will never progress with wax. If they do, it'll be REALLY REALLY slow. It's already a pretty slow process to mature locks, but wax will ad years to the timeline.

And rubber bands will completely prevent knotting. Those bands are elastic. They pinch your locks in tight,unnaturalways. This causes weak spots that can cause locks to snap off.

Locks need to move freely to tangle. If you constrict them, they don't move freely. Therefore, no locks.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yikes i would really recomend u start oiover interlocking is way bad wax..horrible

rubber bands a mistake

since u just started starting over is your best option as it can take months to remove wax and interlocking ..just bad bad bad idea and u really have only a day or 2 to undo the interlocking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jeremy guzman
@jeremy-guzman
12 years ago
3 posts

thank you for the tips!! i am undoing them tonight ... i want to try the rip and twist method but i have wavy/ curly spanish hair.. will this work? i swear everything i do becomes untangled its crazy lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

natural and tnr both will work but how longs the hair if its not long enough itsnot going to hold a knot long at all\

--
jeremy guzman
@jeremy-guzman
12 years ago
3 posts

my hsir was just over 5 inches but when i first started i backcombed it so it shrunk .. i should still be able to TNR right?

soaring eagle said:

natural and tnr both will work but how longs the hair if its not long enough itsnot going to hold a knot long at all\

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes 5 inch is the minumum if it really resists staying in add beads

never rubber bands

they will loosen befire they tighten tho so dont worry even o=if some do come out completely its a process

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form