Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Desperate to start my dreads, dont know where to start! Help!

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I just want to address the 4 inches thing. Toss any concrete numbers out the window. No one can tell you what your hair will do.

One thing though, more often than not, the longer your hair the more you lose. My hair was mostly down to my bra strap (layers) and, while some of it is still down there nearly 3 months in, there are some locks that end near my chin or even higher now.

The bottom of my hair is like an arch. The sides are mostly long but the very back of my head is shorter over all so the middle is higher. Looks kind of wonky but it means my hair is doing exactly what it should be and I love it.

The thing is , most people who make it past this phase will assure you that once your hair is done shrinking it will grow like the dickens. I think it's Baba Fats that had one dread go from like an inch to a foot in just a few years. I'm looking forward to that stage.

Don't try to tame the fuzzies unless you absolutely have to. They will mostly calm down in time. I did twist and rip myself. The crazy fuzziness dies down after a week or so of washing normally.

updated by @tied-up-in-knots: 07/13/15 11:51:43AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ah thank u i did mean to point that out

i know ppl who started with hair at theur buttsa and it shrank to their ears

i myself started with it shi]ort.. and its now a foot past my toes

since i started short and went natural i dont remember any shrinking at all just not alot of growth till the 2bd year

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
shalyn aston
@shalyn-aston
12 years ago
6 posts
Awesome. Thank you guys for your answers, really. I have been looking and asking everywhere. Now I just need to decide if I should let it grow a bit more or start now, either way I can not wait to start them!! Thank you!!
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Why not just start now? Toss out the brush and let them section. Then you can decide if you want to continue naturally or do twist and rip.

If you let it grow more shrinkage will just be more noticeable. The sooner you start the sooner your dreads will reach maturity. The only thing people usually regret about the timing of their dreadlock journey is that they took too long to start it.

Do it!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how long is it now if its long enough then start if not then let it dread itself as u[=it grows

in fact if you throw away your comb it cabn dread while you decide if your ready to dread.. the hair can make the decision for you by dreading itself while u wait

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form