Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, im new and looking for friends and advise.

Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
whatsup man, glad you joined, its always good to see someone getting the right info for once.
updated by @daniel: 07/16/15 10:13:50AM
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
im starting this summer... two of my friends and i are getting together to dread each others hair. that way its faster cause of more than one person to dread your hair, kinda like a dread party lol. were just waitin on our hair to grow out a tad bit more... i think were gonna use the backcombing and crocheting method tha tron said:
When do u plan on starting? No time better than the present!! Lol no take ur time research and find the best method4 u bro
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
dont use wax, whatever you doi wouldnt recommend backcombing, i backcombed and almost all of them fell out in the first week. only real benefit it left was the sections. Overall, a waste of time IMHO. Plus it hurts like a bitch and in the end isnt really worth it.As for crocheting it supposedly really damages the inside of the locks, although i wouldnt know firsthand.If your gonna backcomb i would say do it really loose so that the locks have a chance to form on their own instead of having to fall out and find there own way together. Boobie said:
im starting this summer... two of my friends and i are getting together to dread each others hair. that way its faster cause of more than one person to dread your hair, kinda like a dread party lol. were just waitin on our hair to grow out a tad bit more... i think were gonna use the backcombing and crocheting method

tha tron said:
When do u plan on starting? No time better than the present!! Lol no take ur time research and find the best method4 u bro
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
this is very very true. soaringeagle said:
to be a perfectionist means putting hundreds of hours of work into em some 4 hours a day others 15-20 hours a week rolling rubbing poking holes in em plastering wax on em sewing dreadballing fussing over em obseesively and all that is just adding dammage to dammage
dreads look incredible in theyre natural state..hell they are your hairs natural state
so why keep fighting the natural state just to get the appearance of hairs natural state but without all the organicness of truly natural dreads
im nit saying u must go natural im just saying why go farther and farther from natural trying to force some false imige of perfection

Boobie said:
haha yeah thats what a lot of people have told me lol they try to be perfectionists and end up messing up a bit

Blonde Dready said:
Welcome to the site man =) if i could give any advice it would be to not expect very much from ur baby dreads, cause this will just make u panic like me lawl.
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
true that ive been all over the internet and asking different people their opinions and all the info here seems to make way more sence Daniel said:
whatsup man, glad you joined, its always good to see someone getting the right info for once.
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
wow ive never heard that before... good to know. ill definitely keep that in mind when i start them. Daniel said:
dont use wax, whatever you do

i wouldnt recommend backcombing, i backcombed and almost all of them fell out in the first week. only real benefit it left was the sections. Overall, a waste of time IMHO. Plus it hurts like a bitch and in the end isnt really worth it.

As for crocheting it supposedly really damages the inside of the locks, although i wouldnt know firsthand.

If your gonna backcomb i would say do it really loose so that the locks have a chance to form on their own instead of having to fall out and find there own way together.

Boobie said:
im starting this summer... two of my friends and i are getting together to dread each others hair. that way its faster cause of more than one person to dread your hair, kinda like a dread party lol. were just waitin on our hair to grow out a tad bit more... i think were gonna use the backcombing and crocheting method

tha tron said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive this 1 i tried to cover everything its loooong thoughsorry i preffer simple others like complicated so i had to cover the full spectrumin 1 complete guide

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnottyKonner
@knottykonner
15 years ago
40 posts
Nah bro do backcombing!Mine never fell out and look how short my hair is!
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
works for some people, didnt work for meto each his own KnottyKonner said:
Nah bro do backcombing!
Mine never fell out and look how short my hair is!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form