Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, im new and looking for friends and advise.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy yours is so short that the backcombing was never in enough to fall outthe backcomb really didnt do nuthin at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 10:57:52AM
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
true.. ive tried the rip and twist actually and it fell out in the first 3 days... but idk im just gonna let it do its own thing and see what happons i guess.. and yeah im not much for products either. im all about doin it natural Knottysleeves said:
Welcome! A dread party sounds like a lot of fun. :-)

Products of any kind, including wax, are unnecessary and will ruin your dreads in the long run. Please don't use them!

Backcombing is not essential either, but depending on your hair type it can really help get things started. Some people get better results with rip & twist, etc. But it's YOUR dread journey and whatever feels best for you, that's the most important thing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
throw away your comb today and by the time you have your dread party you'll have dreads

--
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
i backcombed my friends hair (pic is on my page) and they turned out fine. my hair is thick and wavy and i made sure not to use conditioner so that the dreads wouldnt slip out but they did anyway... so ill restart this summer. Knottysleeves said:
Rip & twist didn't work for me either... I have fine, straight hair and it fell out within hours. It probably would have worked if I'd kept doing rip & twist every day for a month, but I don't have that kind of time or patience. ;-) Backcombing worked for me and I'm really happy with how they've turned out.

Boobie said:
true.. ive tried the rip and twist actually and it fell out in the first 3 days... but idk im just gonna let it do its own thing and see what happons i guess.. and yeah im not much for products either. im all about doin it natural
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
restart now by throwing the comb away and you'll have dreads by the time ya wanna startheres a storyi met my best freind chevelle online http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/ChevelleTrant so chevelle loved dreads and wanted them so badlyfor several months she searched for help to backcombthen we went to the colorado gathering where she asked many many dreadies for help.. a few said they wouldbut a week went by and she washed hjer hair in a stream then just gave up on looking hoping someone who said theyd help would eventualy find her..another week went by, and again she went to the stream to washwhen she came back she asked me if i thought anyone would ever help her dread..i replied what do you mean..they already did and touched her hand to her hair where she already had maybe 6 baby dreadsshe stayed there for many weeks after i left maybe even 2 months and by the time she got home had a full head of amazing dreadsher ex did get her started crocheting the roots but im gonna spank her everytime she doesher ex was a dumbass

--
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
well i had to streighten my hair for senior pictures but ill wash my hair and not comb for a good while and see how it goes : ) soaringeagle said:
restart now by throwing the comb away and you'll have dreads by the time ya wanna start

heres a story
i met my best freind chevelle online http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/ChevelleTrant
so chevelle loved dreads and wanted them so badly
for several months she searched for help to backcomb
then we went to the colorado gathering where she asked many many dreadies for help.. a few said they would
but a week went by and she washed hjer hair in a stream then just gave up on looking hoping someone who said theyd help would eventualy find her..another week went by, and again she went to the stream to wash
when she came back she asked me if i thought anyone would ever help her dread..
i replied what do you mean..they already did and touched her hand to her hair where she already had maybe 6 baby dreads
she stayed there for many weeks after i left maybe even 2 months and by the time she got home had a full head of amazing dreads

her ex did get her started crocheting the roots but im gonna spank her everytime she does
her ex was a dumbass
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
forget all about your hair and start just reading up on here

--
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
haha well ill take your advice and put it into action. thanx : ) soaringeagle said:
forget all about your hair and start just reading up on here
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I opted for natural, you should notice it clumping together in just a few weeks. In my experience it takes about the same ammount of time either backcombed or natural. It really just depends on how you want them to look backcombed tends to have a more 'tidy' look because of the sectioning......I prefer the crazy cave man look. Boobie said:
well i had to streighten my hair for senior pictures but ill wash my hair and not comb for a good while and see how it goes : )

soaringeagle said:
restart now by throwing the comb away and you'll have dreads by the time ya wanna start

heres a story
i met my best freind chevelle online http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/ChevelleTrant
then we went to the colorado gathering where she asked many many dreadies for help.. a few said they would
but a week went by and she washed hjer hair in a stream then just gave up on looking hoping someone who said theyd help would eventualy find her..another week went by, and again she went to the stream to wash
i replied what do you mean..they already did and touched her hand to her hair where she already had maybe 6 baby dreads
she stayed there for many weeks after i left maybe even 2 months and by the time she got home had a full head of amazing dreads

her ex did get her started crocheting the roots but im gonna spank her everytime she does
her ex was a dumbass
Boobie
@boobie
15 years ago
37 posts
i love how natural the neglect method is but idk i kinda like the sectioned backcomb look better... but at the same time i want my dreads to be extremely healthy and natural. . .idk Anubis said:
I opted for natural, you should notice it clumping together in just a few weeks. In my experience it takes about the same ammount of time either backcombed or natural. It really just depends on how you want them to look backcombed tends to have a more 'tidy' look because of the sectioning......I prefer the crazy cave man look.

Boobie said:
well i had to streighten my hair for senior pictures but ill wash my hair and not comb for a good while and see how it goes : )

soaringeagle said:

heres a story

her ex was a dumbass

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form