Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Howdy :)

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I didn't know there was a thread for introducing yourself until just now and I feel like that's something I should do, being new and all!

Well, I'm a 23 yr old mother of 1, love my family. I am not totally hippyish but I'm close, I think. I try to do as many things naturally as possible... I always cook from scratch, I am not vegetarian and I much prefer grass-fed beef and free range chicken and eggs, no cow's milk but almond, I dry my herbs and hang them in my kitchen, I make my bread conventionally and sometimes with a machine, I make my own laundry detergent and will be making my own deodorant soon, I cloth diaper, "attachment parent," all sorts of things... the Earth is my Mother, the Universe my Grandmother, the Multi-verse my Great Grandmother...

That being said, I make myself happy as possible in a conventional world. I love to play video games [especially RPGs like Fable, Fallout, and Elder Scrolls], and reading is also a favorite past time. I also like to go outside and take care my plants. :)

I started my dreads about 3 weeks ago, and I did the backcombing method... I didn't like the way my hair seemed to be falling apart, and so I recently decided to untangle them and let them dread on their own. I am liking it a lot better. :) I know they won't mature for a while, but I feel like my dreadlocks help me make a statement about myself; they are also spiritual, as I am pagan and they help me to feel more connected to Nature. And thank you to everyone for being so helpful.

updated by @heathen-hippie-o: 01/13/15 09:07:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and hahaha how can you possibly deny being "totaly hippieish" with an intro like that

yup your a super hippie

th only things u missed was dancing naked in the rain talking to trees and rivers and living in a tipi

oh and traveling in a painted up schoolbus with a couple vw's welded to the roof

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Well then I guess I can rightfully claim the title "Hippie" because I would love to dance naked in the rain, I do talk to trees and plants, I do swim in the river, but I don't live in a tipi. lol!

And thanks :D

babylon
@babylon
13 years ago
27 posts
there would be more "therms" that would fit on you're discription :)
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Uh.... what's a "therm"? :D

babylon
@babylon
13 years ago
27 posts
haha whoops i referred term but i'm not sure it's the right word. while reading you're blog i more tought of any kind of pagan like wiccan,asatru,druidery (or some like that) sice you'e working with your herbs and "worship" the acient gods.but i see so many matches in different "religions" like i don't see many differences in hippie and pagan culture. so i see pagans being hippie and reverse :) but there are so many defferent nature religions, all with it's own good and bad and unique "stuff" (for want of a better word :P) since many became a mixture and i don't know where i belong in ( i like to use all the good stuff) i like to mark "other" and add: "the old ways" on official papers :Pi hope it make a bit sense to you since my english is not to well :S
babylon
@babylon
13 years ago
27 posts
ow haha i did not read you're message well, you already called yourself pagan :P i tought so since i can relate a lot to myself in youre story. and i'm also a young mother of 1 :)Well, welcome to the the site and i hope you have a wonderfull journey. If you can please add some pictures i would love to see a fellow pagan dread progess (i'm also 2 months natural)Blessings )O(
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form