Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Future Dreader, I wanna get it right the first time! (introduction)

Michael B
@michael-b
13 years ago
15 posts
Thank you so much. It was my first interview and I didn't know what to say.

soaringeagle said:

well dreadlocks have spuritual or religios significance for so many they also give a greatter sense of self and wekllbeing individuality isnt technicaly a protected right but religios expression is.. and religion and spirituality are not strictly defined since they can be very personal

so if your personal beliefs are that dreads cannot be cut or maintained in anty way they cannot foerce you too the same goes for hair certain religions forbid the cutting of hair ..but religions again are not defined by the church but by the believer

you can believe in a giant worm that shit out the universe and if thats your belief then that is your valid religion

you have the right to believe anything you want to believe but you have to stand up for what you believe in and defend it

the second you give in and say k ill do this or that you give up your rights by giving up your conviction

updated by @michael-b: 07/03/15 05:56:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats why mostly only 16 year olds wiork at mcdonnalds

i think almost everyone worked there for a few months at 16 then realized how bad it sucked and moved on

the best job u will ever have is 1 you create for yourself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michael B
@michael-b
13 years ago
15 posts

fancyAmanda said:
Hey Michael! You seem very mature beyond your years. I think your head is in the right place. You know who you are and you don't want to compromise that, so congrats on realizing that early on. However you choose to start you dreading journey, just know that time and patience is the key. Best of luck :)
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
Ya bro, I worked at macdonalds not that long ago, and the most i would agreeto was a freakin hair net it my hat couldn't manage it. Never conform. get a job one day where you can be you, and not what this shithole of a social construct in in modern day capitalist anglo-saxon america wants you to be. I realized i wanted to be a teacher a long time ago, a professor actually, and it just so happens to have very lax dress codes the higher up you go. good luck man. All natural is the best and most spiritual way. Anybody who does TnR, in my opinion, is still conforming to certain idea imposed upon them by the media. wtf is so cool about UNIFORM dreadlocks? Seriously. Shit is like looking at trees plated in rows. ugly. The best dreadlocks are the natural ones, just like the best things on this earth take the most time.. One love.
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
Hey MB, stories like yours get to me. I am going to be 35 in May and when I was about 8-9 years old I new I wanted long hair (and surprisingly I knew pretty much what I wanted in life ) but because of my dad and my families religious views I was denied that right...when I deprogrammed myself from the mind control I was under ( I was raised in a religious cult) I let my hair grow out and now I am letting my air dread ( 9 months). When I hear about a 17 year old that knows who he is and is trying hard to express it, it gets to me. Don't let the "powerful" (the ones in power are only there because of us remember that) get you down it's not going to be easy trust me but it's worth it in the end.
Michael B
@michael-b
13 years ago
15 posts
Well it hasn't gotten me down TOO much, but I have been thinking recently a lot about being denied jobs. I know that I'd be good enough for most of them but everyone is so brainwashed by widespread stereotypes about dreads (and african things in general) that the walls inside the box they think in are almost concrete. But then again, there's always nice jobs with nice people out there too, hopefully I can stick with those. Also, I'm not dreading my whole head, which I hope turns out alright. I had really long nice beautiful hair before, and my vision of adding dreadlocks to it is strong, I have faith.

Jdwood said:
Hey MB, stories like yours get to me. I am going to be 35 in May and when I was about 8-9 years old I new I wanted long hair (and surprisingly I knew pretty much what I wanted in life ) but because of my dad and my families religious views I was denied that right...when I deprogrammed myself from the mind control I was under ( I was raised in a religious cult) I let my hair grow out and now I am letting my air dread ( 9 months). When I hear about a 17 year old that knows who he is and is trying hard to express it, it gets to me. Don't let the "powerful" (the ones in power are only there because of us remember that) get you down it's not going to be easy trust me but it's worth it in the end.
Billy Schurman
@billy-schurman
13 years ago
20 posts

im 16 right now and also doing some job searching. im thinking though that i wont dread my hair till after i get a job though because they cant fire me because of dreads (i think). im pretty sure an employer must have an actual reason to fire you and you can take them to court for bullshit like firing over a hair style.

Michael B
@michael-b
13 years ago
15 posts
Well if they're going to judge you and/or fire you over hair, they're probably not worth working for in the first place. If the hiring manager is gonna judge you and treat you like that, then most likely the workers will too. Good luck though.
Sam thomson
@sam-thomson
13 years ago
52 posts
Ha I went to a staters interview and they said I would needs cut my hair to be a bag boy, the whole reason I had long hair was to have dreads so I said no I can't , didn't get the job but oh well, I backcombeds and everyone says aftertiny bit the fall out, I've had tgem for 4 months and they r great so that's not always the case
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
no dude they fall out after a few years, while real dreadlocks last a lifetime. word.

Sam thomson said:
Ha I went to a staters interview and they said I would needs cut my hair to be a bag boy, the whole reason I had long hair was to have dreads so I said no I can't , didn't get the job but oh well, I backcombeds and everyone says aftertiny bit the fall out, I've had tgem for 4 months and they r great so that's not always the case

updated by @maximilian: 07/10/15 11:11:22PM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form