Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do you wash with?

Peaceful Dread
@peaceful-dread
13 years ago
24 posts
I use Lush bars only... the ones with no stuff and pieces...
updated by @peaceful-dread: 07/13/15 11:49:05AM
fluffyBren
@fluffybren
13 years ago
2 posts

thanks so much.

Only thing is I have no idea what arm and hammer is? South African. Clearly its something of i diff name here. Assuming its just the BS?

I will def give that a try. Otherwise can you think of anything else thats residue free and natural that can help the scalp. Its so bad lately.
amanda said:

Just buy a box of arm n hammer and sprinkle some in a cup to take with you into the shower. Your head will be so glad you did.

fluffyBren said:

wait...

how does the baking soda thing work?

cause i really need that. Itching is killing me as I type. I dont anna go out in fear i will scratch and look dirty.

And dry scalp. Mine actually scabed in one spot it was so obscenely dry:(

please help with any quick easy simple cleaning product. Really, dreads are meant to be easy.

and they celebrate their one year birthday tomorrow:) lets eat cake! Man how they have grown. so stoked for the next year!

Eduardo Hernandez
@eduardo-hernandez
13 years ago
8 posts
I had trouble finding a shamppo to use, but thanks to these forums, saw someone mention tea tree tingle shampoo from trader joe's. has worked really well and will stick it with.
G_
@g
13 years ago
18 posts

only water
as a side note, I have been only using water for about 5 years and stopped combing my hair for about one year

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts

I use a mixture of baking soda/Bicarb with water and a few essential oils at least twice a week. Once or twice a month I'll do a second rinse with white vinegar mixed with water and essential oils to condition my hair.

I use it because I know what the ingredients are and it leaves my hair smelling like nothing I put into the mixtures.

Patricia Fox
@patricia-fox
13 years ago
42 posts
Thank you!

Heather said:
acv is apple cider vinegar. you use it with water to rinse your hair with after you've done the baking soda wash. it restores the ph balance to your hair. personally it makes my hair super soft. i'm trying to stay far away from anything conditioning.

Patricia Fox said:
Okay everyone I am new to dreads so give me the vocabulary okay...what is a acv wash?
ourdub
@ourdub
13 years ago
47 posts
most often i use baking soda/acv rinse with some scented oil in a post-rinse. if im going to be out in the woods ill use some tea tree or eucalyptus type in attempt to keep bugs and lice away. ill use some doc b's if im in a hurry or away from home for extended time.
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
For about a week now I've been using Mango and Lime Shampoo "for locks and twists"(my dreads are only a couple weeks old). My hair feels SUPER dry after I use it, which I guess is good but I'm confused how a shampoo could claim it's good for locks but lather at the same time......? I thought I needed to find something with no lather? I also heard if it doesn't leave a smell (and it doesn't)it's not leaving crap in your hair. So this foams up, makes your scalp tingly (seriously, like you could breathe through your head)and then dries out your hair. I can't wait til the bottle's gone so I can try something else....

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form