Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

In search for an american dream...

ben
@ben
14 years ago
23 posts
You grown in the US and habitude makes us want to leave our birthplace, so you 'll easily see the negative sides of your country.Ausralia seems to be a very great place that I'd love to visit, but to have traveled around the US I can tell you that there a thousand of beautiful places and amazing people, and I WANT TO EAT BEEF JERKY, BURGERS AND DONUTS ALL DAY LONG !!!!!!! ^^
updated by @ben: 07/09/15 06:47:29AM
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
Damn, are all americans like homer simpson?^^ food, drink, TV
--Not all but quite a few
In France law requires the government always to act in a way that people can see through.
Is that not the same in the US?
--Nope. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want for any reason they want regardless of what the people want or what is justified. They call it the patriot act. They operate under a guise of "transparency" but it's all just a ruse. America is loaded with propaganda, and here they call it "news". Based on historical instances of these exact same problems, it's headed in a very bad direction. What makes it worse is all the Homer Simpson Americans who just bend over and take it, and believe all the propaganda. The Homer Simpsons are complacent- they know it's BS they just don't care or they like the drama, it's become a soap opera.
How can beef jerky be bad for my body? Apparently it's just pieces of beef.
--Yep just dried out strips of beef. Some beef jerky here has a lot of preservatives and other things added to it because it is mass produced (like most things found in America) but if you make your own or buy it from someone locally or something it's probably just dried beef. Beef jerky is very popular out here in the west because a lot of the native reservations make it traditionally, in other words they simply strip and dry the beef. That kind (natural) is only bad for you in the way that meats are bad (cholesterol, etc).
I'm a vegetarian and have been since I was a kid, but I loved beef jerky before I stopped eating meat. I make soy jerky, it's just ground up and pressed soy protein that has been flavored with teryaki and dried in a dehydrator. Yummy. :)

ben said:
I already came here and yes it was a really good experience and I met many people, but I don't like to be considered as a tourist, and my goal is to leave my town and build a new life behind the american flag.
I'm so perplexed (is that the right word?) when I hear many americans and frenchs talking about the american government since the 9/11. In France law requires the government always to act in a way that people can see through.
Is that not the same in the US ?
American food is known to be bad for health because of how fat it is and because of over eating. I was open- mouthed to see a queue in a fast food at 4:30 PM lol.

About dread wax, I don't like it or use it but I think if it's still on the market after several years, it would means that it satisfy at least a sufficient number of customers to make sellers prospers.
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
the government in america has little to no transparency, meaning a lot of what it does is not seen by the public

ben said:
I already came here and yes it was a really good experience and I met many people, but I don't like to be considered as a tourist, and my goal is to leave my town and build a new life behind the american flag.
I'm so perplexed (is that the right word?) when I hear many americans and frenchs talking about the american government since the 9/11. In France law requires the government always to act in a way that people can see through.
American food is known to be bad for health because of how fat it is and because of over eating. I was open- mouthed to see a queue in a fast food at 4:30 PM lol.

About dread wax, I don't like it or use it but I think if it's still on the market after several years, it would means that it satisfy at least a sufficient number of customers to make sellers prospers.
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
and beef jerky is bad and many other foods are bad because there are chemicals in them called high fructose corn syrup and aspartame and saturated fats which cause a reaction in the brain that is similar to that of when taking drugs, so it's almost like most americans are addicted to the bad food of america

ben said:
You grown in the US and habitude makes us want to leave our birthplace, so you 'll easily see the negative sides of your country.
Ausralia seems to be a very great place that I'd love to visit, but to have traveled around the US I can tell you that there a thousand of beautiful places and amazing people, and I WANT TO EAT BEEF JERKY, BURGERS AND DONUTS ALL DAY LONG !!!!!!! ^^
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
yeah girl, tell him bout the patriot act.

tatyananashi said:
--Not all but quite a few
In France law requires the government always to act in a way that people can see through.
Is that not the same in the US?
--Nope. They can do whatever they want, whenever they want for any reason they want regardless of what the people want or what is justified. They call it the patriot act. They operate under a guise of "transparency" but it's all just a ruse. America is loaded with propaganda, and here they call it "news". Based on historical instances of these exact same problems, it's headed in a very bad direction. What makes it worse is all the Homer Simpson Americans who just bend over and take it, and believe all the propaganda. The Homer Simpsons are complacent- they know it's BS they just don't care or they like the drama, it's become a soap opera.
--Yep just dried out strips of beef. Some beef jerky here has a lot of preservatives and other things added to it because it is mass produced (like most things found in America) but if you make your own or buy it from someone locally or something it's probably just dried beef. Beef jerky is very popular out here in the west because a lot of the native reservations make it traditionally, in other words they simply strip and dry the beef. That kind (natural) is only bad for you in the way that meats are bad (cholesterol, etc).
I'm a vegetarian and have been since I was a kid, but I loved beef jerky before I stopped eating meat. I make soy jerky, it's just ground up and pressed soy protein that has been flavored with teryaki and dried in a dehydrator. Yummy. :)

ben said:

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
America is a great country, despite all the hate we get from our own citizens and from other countries. Some people are awesome, some are not. If you have job experience with being a journalist, I'm sure it'll be much simpler to find a position somewhere. Maybe you could set up an internship in the US through your current University? You'd have to move wherever you find one, but that's part of the experience!

I would LOVE to visit the Grand Canyon and the west coast some day, hopefully this summer. It's hard to get around the entire country without a lot of public transportation like some European countries.

Good luck with your search though. I met a german waitress once who was DYING to get to the US to visit New York. I think a lot of us U.S. citizens don't appreciate how great we actually have it here, which is why our country is falling apart!!

Peace!!oh and Australia is incredible too. One of my favorite countries <3
ben
@ben
14 years ago
23 posts
Unfortunately my University has only exchange programs with Europe and Canada.I agree when you say people don't appreciate how great their country provide to them, and it's the same in France and I guess everywhere.Southern France is a very paradisiac place to live with the Mediterranean beaches and all the hollywood celebrities buy luxurious houses not so far from where I leave...But I dream about America.And the mass french behaviour drive me to fly to US. This always is " why do you want to go meet all these fat-idiots americans? and then goin to Mc Donalds or watch some american movies, or listen american music.There's no rational behaviour. You hate America? Just throw away all your american stuff and your stupid "I love NY shirt".Yea, I read every ingredients section on the food packages and always found this high fructose corn syrup, from sodas to meats ans burgers and in everything, I was very curious about it. We don't find it in french industrial food.Is that the cause of the new legendary american bad nutrition?In France there are many law obligations, like to put in all food packages a "without preservatives or dyes " mention. That's good but many industrials are forced to give up due to all these frames.I can get what you say Lexi, I have never eaten so much food like during the 3 weeks I spent in the US so I was questioning myself about a possible addictive ingredient in the american food. Every time I was eating something, about half an hour after I was hungry and wanted the same, even in all your fast food chains (we only have Mc Do and KFC in France).Does a "natural origin" logo exist in american supermarkets as an afordable alternative alimentation?It 's growing fast in Europe.
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
hmm, no natural origin label but we do have 'USDA Organic' which means that the food has to be 90% organic, but even those foods have something called 'natural flavors' which means it is more or less artificially flavored and still has chemicals.to Brandon saying that america is a great country, well the people are good people, yes. and the land is worth appreciating (even though we stole it from the people who lived here before) it is just sad that we have so much hatred of the people from the government, and that everything is so secretive so that many people don't even know about what is going on.
Newt  :)
@newt
14 years ago
5 posts
Agreed the last thing you want to do is come to america at this time. If you do welcome to the land of the job loss, over priced nessesitys and polution! Have fun buddy

soaringeagle said:
why would u want to come here?
why would you want to work here?

thanks to that idiot bush its now really hard to move here
and thanks to the same idiot theres really no jobss here to get
thousands of people are losing theyre ho,mes and living on the streets thanks to the economy
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
Our country is not the only one riddled with job loss and pollution. This economy is effecting everyone, not just the US. Canada was also "stolen" from natives along with many other countries as well.I don't really see our government being secretive...I think they're just stupid people running our country who have been running it for years. Sure, it needs some tweaking, but our system of government is the longest running constitution (if I remember correctly). They tell us what they do, but it's hard to change what we don't like because Americans don't like to unify :( sucks. I love protesting, but it's hard to get everyone off the couch/laptops/cell phones and whatnot and to care.I think we should welcome tourists to boost our economy up. I don't understand why we wouldn't want people to come and spend money to help everyone out...stop being so negative, guys! hahaha

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form