Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

In search for an american dream...

Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
Well, of course we welcome tourists, and it's true that many lands were stolen from natives and it's also true that many lands are impoverished.I've done a lot of research and reading on the topics of clandestine operations in the american government and the destruction that our govt wreaks in many, many other countries, in fact causing much of the poverty that we hear about especially in places like africa and latin america.Its just not what it seems, our country that isand I wouldn't want any one from a different country coming here with a false notion ofwhat we actually are.because, we do not adhere to the ideals that many people claim we doand we are not very freeI agree that protesting is hard to get people to do, and also, I wish people would care and unify and most importantly organizebut, to think we aren't that bad, and the gov't is just run by stupid idiots...well thats truebut the gov't doesn't control the country, the very rich 1% of the world control our countryand you, through media, chemically food, and an insane idea that we are the best countryand everyone else should be like us.we are one of the least happiest countries in the world, and a handful of wealthy people are profiting immensely off of both the war and these hard times at home.

Brandon Arnold said:
Our country is not the only one riddled with job loss and pollution. This economy is effecting everyone, not just the US. Canada was also "stolen" from natives along with many other countries as well.

I don't really see our government being secretive...I think they're just stupid people running our country who have been running it for years. Sure, it needs some tweaking, but our system of government is the longest running constitution (if I remember correctly). They tell us what they do, but it's hard to change what we don't like because Americans don't like to unify :( sucks. I love protesting, but it's hard to get everyone off the couch/laptops/cell phones and whatnot and to care.

I think we should welcome tourists to boost our economy up. I don't understand why we wouldn't want people to come and spend money to help everyone out...

stop being so negative, guys! hahaha

updated by @lexi: 07/19/15 01:37:17PM
ben
@ben
14 years ago
23 posts
The world now see America as the symbol of oppressive and non ethical capitalism, which create artificially pretexts to go invade countries for their ressources. But I can't believe all is said about conspiracy theories.Of course government act in a part secretly and medias manipulate the truth as their will, but it's the same in all countries. In Somalia, the dictatorship kills entire families cause they're not muslims.Do you agree with the theory that the US government mask OVNIs and outerspace creature in a secret military base (area 51)?And that Ben Laden is in fact a CIA agent friend of bush which is the only investigator of the 9/11?I can't believe that the only american goal is money despite of all pollution issues and despite of all the world's issues. It would be so idiot and it would cannot works.America is the first world power, high mediated and all this in a vast brand new land which has no more than 2 centuries of history. All american decisions has a bigger impact in the world than any other country.I think that's why everybody stigmatize and condamn every bad american action.Easier to condamn the scientist who experiment something than all who stand and just do nothing.To Lynzie, I did not found that necessities were overpriced in the US. Actually life is more expensive in France due to the establishment of the Euro devise which ruined the french economy.mmmh after all these posts I forgot to ask: is my english comprehensible and a little correct?I know I have to make huge progress if I want to come here and especially as a journalist.
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
... why do you want to come to the US everything here is falling apart ... we have the highest unemployment rates we have ever had .... our own citizens myself included cant even find jobs its no longer the land of opportunity it once was and its seems to slowly be loosing the title land of the free as the system enslaves us more and more .... :(
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
Your english is very good! There are only small grammatical errors that are common with others trying to learn English as well.like, we wouldn't say "a little correct." It's more correct to say "is my english understandable" or something like that lol.England/Germany were very expensive countries to travel around. You're lucky to have to convert your euros to dollars ahaha. It's much worse for us to travel to you guys.And the government/media do not control me. I'm 100% sure haha
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
Well, there are documents stating that during the attacks on 9/11 the bush family was having a friendly meeting with the wealthy bin laden familyI don't believe in all u.s. conspiracy theories, nobut I do believe in the legitimate resources that I use and the uncovering of previous classified documentsIt's understandable that you find it hard to believe that America is so badbut an example of how bad it is, is that the united states gave funding to hitler and saddam husseinwe suffer from what is known as a military industrial complex, our country is surviving only on the sale of weapons to other nations, who in turn brutalize their citizens. The only reason that our country is so pivotal in the world economy is because we have effectively globalized, or "westernized" half the globe, we have struck fear into the hearts of those who want an alternative way of life, we are a dominant military power that is the only reason. because we have big huge weapons.remember what happened to japan?to brandon: you're probably wrong, the only freedom you have is between pepsi and coke and what color shirt you're going to buy. what you don't have control over is that the shirt you buy is made by a poor girl in a sweatshop who gets paid 15 cents a day. the media makes things seem different than they are.For instance, did you read the headline yesterday that documents were uncovered proving that the United States infected up to 100 individuals in Guatemala with Syphilis? What do you say about that? We live in a country willing to purposefully infect other people with sexually transmitted diseases.

ben said:
The world now see America as the symbol of oppressive and non ethical capitalism, which create artificially pretexts to go invade countries for their ressources. But I can't believe all is said about conspiracy theories.
Of course government act in a part secretly and medias manipulate the truth as their will, but it's the same in all countries. In Somalia, the dictatorship kills entire families cause they're not muslims.
Do you agree with the theory that the US government mask OVNIs and outerspace creature in a secret military base (area 51)?
And that Ben Laden is in fact a CIA agent friend of bush which is the only investigator of the 9/11?
I can't believe that the only american goal is money despite of all pollution issues and despite of all the world's issues. It would be so idiot and it would cannot works.
America is the first world power, high mediated and all this in a vast brand new land which has no more than 2 centuries of history. All american decisions has a bigger impact in the world than any other country.
I think that's why everybody stigmatize and condamn every bad american action.
Easier to condamn the scientist who experiment something than all who stand and just do nothing.

To Lynzie, I did not found that necessities were overpriced in the US. Actually life is more expensive in France due to the establishment of the Euro devise which ruined the french economy.

mmmh after all these posts I forgot to ask: is my english comprehensible and a little correct?
I know I have to make huge progress if I want to come here and especially as a journalist.
ben
@ben
14 years ago
23 posts
what a pessimist scheme...I know you're in a bad economic situation but it affect all the world and especially Europe. Sure the american way of life from nothing to rich is far away on the backside but it cannot be zero opportunity. You're still the first country in science and innovations, and especially in exportations.
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
weapons exports only...I don't like to be pessimistic, I like to be realistic.we are negatively affecting the world, like a disease.

ben said:
what a pessimist scheme...I know you're in a bad economic situation but it affect all the world and especially Europe. Sure the american way of life from nothing to rich is far away on the backside but it cannot be zero opportunity. You're still the first country in science and innovations, and especially in exportations.
ben
@ben
14 years ago
23 posts

You cannot reduce America as a polluter without which the world would be a quiet beautiful place.Could you define the freedom and lifestyle you aspire to which your system not allows you to realize?You are not in weapons exports only...All the stuff people live with / live for in Europe come from USMillions europeans would suicide if you take away their Ipod / food /video games / movies / TV shows / music / internet networks blablabla...There are negatives actions in any countries, France government collaborated with nazis during 39-45 and was responsible for the death of thousands of jews, is that better than selling weapons?
Lexi said:
weapons exports only...
I don't like to be pessimistic, I like to be realistic.
we are negatively affecting the world, like a disease.

ben said:
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
it is unfortunate that any person would "commit suicide" for ipods music movies television and internet, all of these things are negative influences on the people and their minds

ben said:

You cannot reduce America as a polluter without which the world would be a quiet beautiful place. Could you define the freedom and lifestyle you aspire to which your system not allows you to realize?

You are not in weapons exports only...All the stuff people live with / live for in Europe come from US
Millions europeans would suicide if you take away their Ipod / food /video games / movies / TV shows / music / internet networks blablabla...
There are negatives actions in any countries, France government collaborated with nazis during 39-45 and was responsible for the death of thousands of jews, is that better than selling weapons?

Lexi said:
weapons exports only...

ben said:
Lexi
@lexi
14 years ago
20 posts
I just want the freedom to vote on whether or not I think my country should be invading many other countries across the world and exporting arms to terrible dictators, but I have no say in such matters, I am not represented in my government and my opinion hardly matters

ben said:

You cannot reduce America as a polluter without which the world would be a quiet beautiful place. Could you define the freedom and lifestyle you aspire to which your system not allows you to realize?

You are not in weapons exports only...All the stuff people live with / live for in Europe come from US
Millions europeans would suicide if you take away their Ipod / food /video games / movies / TV shows / music / internet networks blablabla...
There are negatives actions in any countries, France government collaborated with nazis during 39-45 and was responsible for the death of thousands of jews, is that better than selling weapons?

Lexi said:
weapons exports only...

ben said:

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form