Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Brand New/DreadMe up

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
OK Thanks for clarifying. Yes separating, with any method especially natural, is very important. Many blessings scordatura said:
I am all for the faster the better.I am just saying for people with long hair already to just be carefull because big knots and loops may form,say,2 or 3 inches parrallel in places practically overnight and they may get to big for their liking.Natural dreads (we are not talking about twist and rip or backcomb for the moment) get thicker over time,right, (I guess any method would)?Just be sure to seperate is what I am suggesting if one does not want real big dreads (meaning wide,not long) that may possibly cause irratation on the scalp in later months or years.Even Soaringeagle mentioned somewhere in a video or post (sorry to bring you in this) that his first set were, I am paraphrasing,a "nest".The set he now has which we all love he stated that he seperated Religiously in the beginning ,and he also mentioned his hair was on the shorter side.Neil Coe started with long hair and they look awesome.He always mentions to rip new dreads apart if needed.That is all I am trying to suggest.Sorry for the possible (albeit it is seemingly 100%) confusion.Love you all.

updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/11/15 06:43:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
last comment deleterd misunderstood your name..srry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
Hey Lexiwelcome aboard....i am also new here, like just more than a week since i started. I have decided to go completely natural and pretty happy with hows it going so far, u can check out my timeline coz i have hair with similar length, maybe lil shorter. Finally it would b ur personal decision, from what i have read here all methods take about the same time anyways.peace
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Hey Lexi, natural is always the best route to go.All you need to do is just keep your hair clean, and not mess with it.It's good that you read Dreaducation, as most people who ask questions don't and than we're forced to feed the same information over and over again.I used the backcomb method, which I don't recommend.It caused me a good month of constantly worrying about my dreads and being obsessive over them since they started coming loose, and started actually dreading.Tear and Rip is the next best thing to Natural.I'm a thin white boy, with wavy hair and if I let my hair go untouched for about two weeks I can see the formation of dreads happening.So, in a nutshell, my advice is keep your hair clean with non-residue shampoos, and just go natural.You'll have gorgeous dreads before you know it, I'm sure.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form