Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My journey, My Way

MrsRussell
@mrsrussell
14 years ago
13 posts
Definitely appreciate your words and compliments NaturalWomyn and agree that there are various perspectives. See ya around :)
updated by @mrsrussell: 07/13/15 12:08:23PM
Tara D
@tara-d
14 years ago
27 posts
Welcome =D I'm not a neglecter and I get on just fine here =D I don't use wax or owt, but I did backcomb my dreadies to start. As you say, each to their own =] If everyones journey was exactly the same we'd all be very dull dread heads, and dull we're not ;) xx
MrsRussell
@mrsrussell
14 years ago
13 posts
Thanks Tara D, I really do appreciate it and glad to know that there is a minority on here :). Tara D said:
Welcome =D I'm not a neglecter and I get on just fine here =D I don't use wax or owt, but I did backcomb my dreadies to start. As you say, each to their own =] If everyones journey was exactly the same we'd all be very dull dread heads, and dull we're not ;) xx
MrsRussell
@mrsrussell
14 years ago
13 posts
Maxe, you're my hero :/)! Maxe said:
Don't take it personally with all the talk about 'natural' dreads =) ...it's all bs..neglect method isn't more natural than the other methods, they just let them section 'naturally' and then proceed to seperating them unnaturally ;)
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Good point. I actually had a few debates on what is "natural" and what is not. Is an ant hill natural? Yes most would say then why is a human city not natural? Okay I will just leave it at that and not hijack your topic MrsRussell. Maxe said:
Don't take it personally with all the talk about 'natural' dreads =) ...it's all bs..neglect method isn't more natural than the other methods, they just let them section 'naturally' and then proceed to seperating them unnaturally ;)
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I don't know why people become so confused and demanding when they come here.It says in the banner right under the site name dreadlock methods and maintenance forums site *products free dreads****the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreadsUnder Creative Commons License: Attribution***Seriously it's pretty obvious what this site is about.Now you dread the way you want great BUT don't expect and demand people here adjust their language and tip toe around your waxin', rollin', popin' lockin' mani-dreads to appease you. Thats just bupkis.All freaked by the vibe??? Vibe some where, where you fit.Before you get all shocked and bothered I'm being as honest and forthright as you.
HUMMINGBIRD LOVE GORILLA
@hummingbird-love-gorilla
14 years ago
12 posts
hahaha exactly, what makes that so called "natural" process the best?? your just damaging your hair like any other process! Maxe said:
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Also an interesting point...That's what I love about places like this you get point of views that make you think..well it's not like your comment gave me an epiphany or anything like that but still an interesting point. Island Mamma said:
I don't know why people become so confused and demanding when they come here.

It says in the banner right under the site name dreadlock methods and maintenance forums site *products free dreads*

***the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreads
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution***

Seriously it's pretty obvious what this site is about.

Now you dread the way you want great BUT don't expect and demand people here adjust their language and tip toe around your waxin', rollin', popin' lockin' mani-dreads to appease you. Thats just bupkis.

All freaked by the vibe??? Vibe some where, where you fit.

Before you get all shocked and bothered I'm being as honest and forthright as you.
MrsRussell
@mrsrussell
14 years ago
13 posts
No worries J, I enjoy the discussion :) Jdwood said:
Good point. I actually had a few debates on what is "natural" and what is not. Is an ant hill natural? Yes most would say then why is a human city not natural? Okay I will just leave it at that and not hijack your topic MrsRussell.

Maxe said:
MrsRussell
@mrsrussell
14 years ago
13 posts
Not really sure who's being demanding Island Mamma but just as I chose to introduce myself to the site via this forum and respond to the comments that were left, you could've chosen not too. Also, I've read on this site that even SE uses (dr bronners and baking soda acv washes), which are "products" are they not? I also do not recall anyone demanding that anyone else's language be adjusted but that someone was kind enough to share their school of thought on the discussion.ROFL@ "waxin', rollin', popin' lockin' mani-dreads." A little much don't you think.... Lastly, just as I signed up, I'm aware that I can no longer participate on this site and don't necessarily need that obvious point highlighted. Thanks for stopping by. Island Mamma said:

It says in the banner right under the site name dreadlock methods and maintenance forums site *products free dreads*

***the best place for real dreadlocks no lies no products to buy just truth about healthy dreads
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution***

Seriously it's pretty obvious what this site is about.

Now you dread the way you want great BUT don't expect and demand people here adjust their language and tip toe around your waxin', rollin', popin' lockin' mani-dreads to appease you. Thats just bupkis.

All freaked by the vibe??? Vibe some where, where you fit.

Before you get all shocked and bothered I'm being as honest and forthright as you.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form