Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ima a bit sad..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they'll be fine probably the best thing u can do for them is remove wax and take a trip to the beachinterloccking absolutely is bad and could be why u have the split roots but u did it just once so its not like u kept doing it they will be finethe best things u can do for em sea salt, wool tam and ..stop worryingoh and since your b4 gave u dreads with wax u should offer to give him a peircing.. with a nail gun

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 07:02:06PM
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
Heh yeah give him a prince Albert;)Will a wool tam help hair to knot?

soaringeagle said:
they'll be fine probably the best thing u can do for them is remove wax and take a trip to the beach interloccking absolutely is bad and could be why u have the split roots but u did it just once so its not like u kept doing it they will be finethe best things u can do for em sea salt, wool tam and ..stop worryingoh and since your b4 gave u dreads with wax u should offer to give him a peircing.. with a nail gun
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
lol.. Thanks Soaring Eagle.:)Yes I have most the wax out I do believe. There is like one or two dreads that might still have a lil bit in them.. But he only ever used them at my roots.. So at least my whole head wasnt just covered. I am sad I interlocked some of them.. I can defintitly see how some of them are having troubles dreading now because of it. But Oh well. Its hair eh? I still love my hair, I just feel a bit sad I mighta ruined some of em or something lol..
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
I guess i just trusted his judgement since he had had his for like 6 years by the time he gave me mine.. But.. maybe I will give him a good peircing with a nail gun.. he has done a lot more than mess up a couple of my dreads.. lol.No.. Im too nice..lol
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Ouch!! Even reading "Prince Albert" sends tremors of uncomfortable-ness in my nether region....And I think just as TnR is good for starting dreads...TnP is good for maintainence...I mean Time and Patience... and I still maintain once they mature...they will become a lot more uniform....7 months into my dreads...I was able to fully remove wax...and it was only after that I saw a full blown technicolor dreads fun...loops appeared...tehy disappeared...loose hair cropped up...they disappeared...more loose hair came...dreads shrunk...then I got new growth...etc etcsince you got a kid....maybe you can use that as an analogy....they poop..they spit..they smell...they crawl..and only after a while...they learn all the cool stuff....lol (im assuming they do)....
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
:)Yes I knew in my heart that i just needed to be patient with my dreads.. and that time would do the trick. I guess I just wanted to some reassurance. Thanks for everyones help and nice comments :)I do feel better..And Honestly.. Being a full time mom, full time students.. I have actually accidentally stopped being so high maintenance with them. I palm roll them on occasion, but its always just randomly.. Like standing in a line i might roll two or three of them.. But I havent been doing anything to them besides washing them..I throw beads on and off on some of the dreads that have bulges and such.Question.I remove all my beads as I wash and dry my hair.. Is this something I should continue to do.. or is it pointless? Shiva'sMattedLocks said:
Ouch!! Even reading "Prince Albert" sends tremors of uncomfortable-ness in my nether region....
And I think just as TnR is good for starting dreads...TnP is good for maintainence...I mean Time and Patience... and I still maintain once they mature...they will become a lot more uniform....
7 months into my dreads...I was able to fully remove wax...and it was only after that I saw a full blown technicolor dreads fun...loops appeared...tehy disappeared...loose hair cropped up...they disappeared...more loose hair came...dreads shrunk...then I got new growth...etc etc

since you got a kid....maybe you can use that as an analogy....they poop..they spit..they smell...they crawl..and only after a while...they learn all the cool stuff....lol (im assuming they do)....
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts

updated by @marlee-skye: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts

updated by @marlee-skye: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye