Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wondering how I should feel about life right now

KatieK
@katiek
14 years ago
10 posts
Here's my opinion...feeling the NEED for other humans is normal. It's in our nature to be connected to others, whether that is people or animals. We crave affection, touch, love, and although most of us hate to admit it, acceptance from others. I know what you're feeling...you feel weak because of these needs. Just remember everyone feels what you feel, on some level. That's why places like Facebook are so popular..why texting and Twitter have exploded. They get us connected super fast, and KEEP us connected 24 hours a day if we choose. As for how you should spend your time, everything in moderation. Don't isolate yourself all the time, but don't force yourself constantly into social crap all the time either. One rule I started using when it comes to friends is...if there's not something about them I can admire, and if they can't somehow contibute positively to my life, I won't waste my precious time on them. Call it selfish if you want, but selfish isn't always a bad thing. Just don't deprive yourself of a basic human need. If you ask me, it falls right up there with food, clothing, and shelter...love, affection, interaction.
updated by @katiek: 07/13/15 10:01:28AM
lino sanchez
@lino-sanchez
14 years ago
27 posts
you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom nick. i agree so much. we really are just dealt different cards. sometimes we really just need to realize that. GratefulNick said:
I've been in several "circle of friends" type groups when I was in highschool burned alot of bridges alot of fights and name calling. I stayed in isolation for a 3 years, I just didn't really care to face anyone and I guess I was depressed or something. But I got better and kind of figured I can't really blame any of my problems on anybody else except myself. Through all that bull I think I the only people I could really count on was my family, as much as i dislike my family but its true. I have a few friends that I really consider geniune good friends, that if I do a favor or they do a favor for me. Then I have friends that are nice, but don't really do anything for me.

As far as meeting new friends, I think you just have to be yourself, vs having a fake plastic smile persona that ppl see right thru like a act.- not saying you do but I've seen alot of false acting ppl in my life. that just do stuff or act a way to be liked.

Don't compare yourself to other people it will only make you angry or jealous. We're all kind of the same. But we all have been delt different cards to play.

I also get the feeling that your still in High School, I see maybe 5 ppl i went to High school with, be prepared to never see or hear from 95% of your graduating class.

Maybe you have social axiety or something. good luck
lino sanchez
@lino-sanchez
14 years ago
27 posts
OAKTOWN BLUH Sergio Escalera said:
MAN! Where do you Live!?
If you Live in California lets chill man i know exactly what you going threw. Hit me up.
lino sanchez
@lino-sanchez
14 years ago
27 posts
yeah i agree.. can't overcome that shit... thanks for the insight tho! I read it with great concentration. i HATEE FACEOBOOKKOKAOEKFOAKFA and yet. im addicted.. KatieK said:
Here's my opinion...feeling the NEED for other humans is normal. It's in our nature to be connected to others, whether that is people or animals. We crave affection, touch, love, and although most of us hate to admit it, acceptance from others. I know what you're feeling...you feel weak because of these needs. Just remember everyone feels what you feel, on some level. That's why places like Facebook are so popular..why texting and Twitter have exploded. They get us connected super fast, and KEEP us connected 24 hours a day if we choose. As for how you should spend your time, everything in moderation. Don't isolate yourself all the time, but don't force yourself constantly into social crap all the time either. One rule I started using when it comes to friends is...if there's not something about them I can admire, and if they can't somehow contibute positively to my life, I won't waste my precious time on them. Call it selfish if you want, but selfish isn't always a bad thing. Just don't deprive yourself of a basic human need. If you ask me, it falls right up there with food, clothing, and shelter...love, affection, interaction.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
this sites better then facebook anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form