Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Helloooooo ^-^ im Jessie =D

Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
Hello everyone ^-^Im Jessie =] and I have a few questions.I've been wanting dreadies for the last 2-3 years but have been waiting for education to finish so I don't have any hassle with them.That time is finally coming up so recently I've been reading a lot more about dreads.Im definately not going to use wax.Im thinking of doing the twist and rip method =]My main concern is that my hair is too thin. After various health issues and a ton of dye my hair has become half as thick as it used to be so im scared that once im dreaded up my dreads will look far apart, and unusual. Will this be so?and also, Hi everyone!
updated by @jessie-carr: 02/14/15 09:04:40AM
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Hey..thanks for the request..anyways..your hair looks good to me. Kind of like mine before I started actually. I did twist and rip 2 weeks ago. Trust me..my hair was full of dye too. I've been dying my hair for 6 years. Finally letting my natural color come back in though now.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
It can look a little far apart if you do them thick, making them thinner would probably help if that is a concern.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
your dreads may end up twice as thick as your hair from shrinking, so no, think hair doesn't matter in the least :)have fun starting your dreads and post pictures when you're done!!!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey Welcome to the site Jessie :)the first real time I ever T&R someones hair was someone who had been dyeing their hair extensively for years an years, and while no one debates the effect it has on your hair, I noticed it made them extremely easy to lock up. you can use various things to help revitalize (I like that word, lol) like soaps containing vitamin E, jojoba, even biotin. (you can take biotin in capsules as well i think up to 5mg daily, it's just a B vitamin) I know alot of women who take it for the fact they dyed their hair so much.but that can help your current hair as well as helping it to grow in strong as well.but the thinning in most cases I've seen didn't really affect anyone.
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
Ahhh awsome guys thanks!!ill do thin ones then =]My profile picture is a few months outdated so my natural colour has come thorugh a good 3 inches now.Im thinking of dying it again before I start to dread it?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I think it's better to dye it before hand. When you are fully locked up you will probably need to use a lot more dye when coloring. Jessie Carr said:
Ahhh awsome guys thanks!!
ill do thin ones then =]

My profile picture is a few months outdated so my natural colour has come thorugh a good 3 inches now.

Im thinking of dying it again before I start to dread it?
Jessie Carr
@jessie-carr
14 years ago
61 posts
Great help guys ^-^I seriously can't wait. I want them NOOOOOWWW!!! haha ^-^
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
lolI know how that felt, just remember it's a matter of when not if :)
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Hey, I am Rayne.When you get the chance read the first post in the following thread: The First Week of Dreading Spider Feet is correct, if you want to dye your hair again. Do it before you begin the process of allowing dreadlocks to form. It generally takes more dye if you do it after you have started.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form