Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Finally Have an Appointment with a Stylist

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha i have bpught many cars and vans for less then most salons charge for dreads, especialy if u go back fotr followup retighteningsand in the end u get no dreads just a mess.. most salon dreads end up restarted naturaly or by themselves within 3 months after aq total disasterive seen 1 salon say wax is bad, then use liquid latex instead..or glue.. no salon is worth it..all are scams only 1% who work put of theyre homes can be trusted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 10:02:34AM
Jeremiah Lane Mathews
@jeremiah-lane-mathews
13 years ago
1 posts
Had to join after reading this thread. Im a stylist and I have created dreads for a long time. I have a set this week so if you don't think stylist can do it I will add photos and updates. BTW the real way is backcomb with a small amount of wax only in the beginning to help the dread lock in at the scalp quicker and tighter. the best way to create a lock is to back comb a knot tighten that knot by pressing the teeth of the comb down and comb the rest back out and repeat the next knot on top of the first and repeat. it takes hours to do it right... do not add the wax till the very end and use a hair dryer to wick the wax (petroleum free) through the dread.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wrong wrong wrong you prove that a stylist will screw u u never use any wax period none ever and backcomb is not the best methiod at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
You are not going to get any kind of support in this forum as long as you use any wax at all. I would waste my breath trying to argue about it since you won't get anywhere at all

Jeremiah Lane Mathews said:
Had to join after reading this thread. Im a stylist and I have created dreads for a long time. I have a set this week so if you don't think stylist can do it I will add photos and updates. BTW the real way is backcomb with a small amount of wax only in the beginning to help the dread lock in at the scalp quicker and tighter. the best way to create a lock is to back comb a knot tighten that knot by pressing the teeth of the comb down and comb the rest back out and repeat the next knot on top of the first and repeat. it takes hours to do it right... do not add the wax till the very end and use a hair dryer to wick the wax (petroleum free) through the dread.
Dolly
@dolly
13 years ago
49 posts
Hey, Jon! Totally agree with everyone here! I had waist length hair, and a friend and I backcombed my entire head in one long day. For me, dreads are a spiritual process and I chose my best friend with beautiful, loving, positive energy to help me begin my process because I wanted my dreads to be given "birth" with the right kind of energy! Just something to consider! Best to you on the start of your journey! Keep us posted!
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
LOL! The "real" way..... I don't have any wax and my dreads are coming along just fine. If the "real" way requires wax then what do you call SE's dreads, and many many other's on this forum? I don't think you can really "create" dreads anyway.
I agree with everyone else... DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY on something that can happen naturally. :) Good luck with your journey!
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
fyi, i don't think you guy realize that this discussion is almost a year old.
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
Ahaha! I didn't even notice that it was that old! Oops! Wonder what they ended up doing...
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
lol:) i don't know but on their page it says they've had dreadlocks for 11 months.
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
lolthanks heather

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form