Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yesturday was a mixed emotion for me.

Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
So yesturday i had to do a parade at Disneyland for my marching band. While im there im waiting for some of my friends to get off one of the rides i walk apon a guy with dreadlocks. And when i saw his dreadlocks it hit me soo hard i touched my head seeing if i had mine. It really did hurt a lot.It kinda got me down.... i wanted to go up to talk to the guy. So i did i went up to him and told him how nice his were, they looked like mine. I showed him a picture of my dreadlocks and he said they were really nice and it was a lose that i had to give them up.I told him it was for marching band,and that Marching band was important to me and that i loved it. He said "if it thats something you really love then dont feel bad about losing them". When he told me that it made me feel better inside. I told him good luck with his dreadlocks and keep them as long as you can. It kinda of brought a tear to my eye because it feels werid to see other people with dreadlocks knowing i dont have them. Later that day when i had to march the parade...i got ready and put on my uniform and i grab my shako(marching hat) it felt so amazing to wear it! It fit on my head like a glove it was so nice. I never felt something like it before!So for my last words....that day i was feeling 2 different kinds of emotions,it did hurt when i saw that guy with dreads because i had them not even a month ago. But i did cut them for something i loved.This is what i look like nowif you would like to see more pictures...ask me Image and video hosting by TinyPic
updated by @apollo: 02/14/15 11:37:08AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
why did you have to destroy 1 thing you loved for another? i would have just said hell no, yes i love band and want to stay in it but theres no reason the dreads interfere with your lips on the trumpet so theres nno reason to cut them..your odviosly a good enough trumpert player to be in the band i assume they had try outs and you were better then others..so..they need you..you dont need the band the band needs you..if you said no and explaqined why..theres njo way they would not alow u to play..you were playing at disney so i assume they do competitions and big events and want only the best players out there right? well thats you..so your in a possition to negotiate not just be pressured and pushed aroundim not trying to make ya regret it ..i just beenj thinking biout this the last few daysthey had no rigght or reason to ask you to do thatand i know how devestating t can be..i cut mine once for school..worse year of my life..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
yes soaringeagle it did hurt me to see this guy with dreads...The Trumpet is the most important thing in my life there is NO question about that, but what i cut them for a reason. It was hard for me to see this guy... but in the end i tried to make the best of itThe only thing i hate about marching band...is that we all i have to look the same which really always did get me mad..i was far from the same. Which i loved i dont "fully" regret cutting them but everytime i hear the word "Dreadlocks" it hits me. I usually try to forget themMy Music always come first before anything soaringeagle said:
why did you have to destroy 1 thing you loved for another? i would have just said hell no, yes i love band and want to stay in it but theres no reason the dreads interfere with your lips on the trumpet so theres nno reason to cut them..

your odviosly a good enough trumpert player to be in the band i assume they had try outs and you were better then others..so..they need you..you dont need the band the band needs you..if you said no and explaqined why..theres njo way they would not alow u to play..

you were playing at disney so i assume they do competitions and big events and want only the best players out there right? well thats you..so your in a possition to negotiate not just be pressured and pushed around

im not trying to make ya regret it ..i just beenj thinking biout this the last few days

they had no rigght or reason to ask you to do that

and i know how devestating t can be..i cut mine once for school..worse year of my life..
Tommy Emmrich
@tommy-emmrich
15 years ago
4 posts
I admire your dedication to your music and the sacrifice you made. Maybe you can take the emotions you felt yesterday and put them into your music. The most passionate sounds come from loss and sorrow. Put it into the music and your dreads will always be there.
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
i really do agreethank you Tommy Emmrich said:
I admire your dedication to your music and the sacrifice you made. Maybe you can take the emotions you felt yesterday and put them into your music. The most passionate sounds come from loss and sorrow. Put it into the music and your dreads will always be there.
Ivan
@ivan
15 years ago
88 posts
it really does show how dedicated you are and maybe one day you can hopefully get your "loved ones" back. good luck with everything bro.
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
thanks manhelps a lot Ivan said:
it really does show how dedicated you are and maybe one day you can hopefully get your "loved ones" back. good luck with everything bro.
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
15 years ago
154 posts
i understand why you did it but i dont understand why you couldnt have just put your hair in a hat or a ponytail in marching band i mean i would have thought that maybe the band would have tried to work with you if you expressed the love for your dreads. but atleast you seem to be at peace with your decision and in the end if you want to grow them back you always can ya know so for now all u can do is look at the positives and hopefully anpother day you will be a dreadie again
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
yeah but i wore the largest size in the hat size and the way it looked, the hat didnt even go all the way on my head i looked soo stupid and it started putting pressure on my head which i didnt likei will always remember my dreadlocks Kim hippie mama said:
i understand why you did it but i dont understand why you couldnt have just put your hair in a hat or a ponytail in marching band i mean i would have thought that maybe the band would have tried to work with you if you expressed the love for your dreads. but atleast you seem to be at peace with your decision and in the end if you want to grow them back you always can ya know so for now all u can do is look at the positives and hopefully anpother day you will be a dreadie again
Emily
@emily
15 years ago
203 posts
aww, dont worry you can always have them again.and you still look pretty cute lol:)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form