Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The straightness!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the criss cross is skimlinks its kinda a built in monitization system it can be turned off however but it converts certain words into shopping links with affiliate codes

its hardly worth having turned on since it hasnt made enough for 1 single payment yet haha

but since it doesnt affect site performance and u hardly ever see any of them its just been ifgnored

in fact its been on 2 years almost and this is 1st time it was noticed..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 04:08:25AM
C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

Thank you for the criss cross demonstration, excuse me if the question has already been answered.
I watched the video, with no sound however.
What type of..string/wrap is that?
I've stopped using ACV all together for the past month or so.
I'll definitely look into the BS Paste.
I'm going to start just washing my hair at my girlfriends house. She has soft water so i'm hoping that will help.

Just to be clear, since every where I read is a different answer.
For baby locks, what is the best ratio of BS-Water for Soft Water?

and here is my hair now, as you can see still no progress.
completely neglect for 9 months now. about 4-5 of those months i've had "long," hair.

http://i.imgur.com/e7Ngj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/19iTw.jpg

I will even get out of the shower, and for the 1-2 hours my hair drip dries, they look sectioned and promising.
about an hour after that my hair looks completely straightened out as seen above.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1/2 cup per 5 cups

try twisting a section up fairly tight and ad a bead like youd add a nut to a bolt by scrwing it on perhaps it will grip better and hold

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

the string i used in the video is just embroidery thread (found at many craft stores, i went to michaels or joanns i think) or you can use hemp but make sure it isn't "polished" because that just means wax & you don't want that on your hair. some ppl have used yarn but you have to make sure it's not one that will pill & leave fuzzies or felt & shrink into your dread.

your hair does look a lot like mine when i first started, it is getting better now! hold on to hope ;) give these suggestions a try for a while & see if there is a difference then.

C-Roome said:

Thank you for the criss cross demonstration, excuse me if the question has already been answered.
I watched the video, with no sound however.
What type of..string/wrap is that?

C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

Here is a pic of the beaded one I did.
Although you say TnR'ing is counter-progress, I re-tnr'ed it, because my hair wasn't really progressing in the first place.

As I said I'm going to start washing my hair over at my GF's house w/ soft water and the mixture of bs 1/2 cup to 5 cups. (or paste)
hopefully see some progress.

this is the beaded one.

and this is some of the progress i've made on the rest of my head so far.

C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

im not mad btw. just looking at the mirror to make sure i could see myself in the pic :p

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

crossing my fingers & hoping they will stick better & knot up for ya! updates when you wash or see something happening! i'm watching with anticipation to see how this works out for ya :)

C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

A few days later, and one hair wash down. Most of the sections have flattened/straightened back out.
If anything I'm due for a wash today or tomorrow, but have a feeling what is left, will just get washed out.

Here is a few pics of what it's looking like now.

General hair.

Here's teh beaded section, do I leave the bead up high where it started?
or move it down lower on the section like in the second pic?

here's just a random section that decided to stay.....for now.

any input? i would love for my hair to continue to mature/lock up.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

it's looking like more than it was.

sea salt it before/during this next wash, wash gently & drip dry!

hope that stays & more come <3 i'm rooting for ya

you can move the bead or leave it as is, just don't let it get trapped unless you want it there!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i think beads tend to help more lower down

it looks alot more like its makimg progrss

just leave it alone and keep doing what your doing as far as washing

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags