Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread journey.

Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

I am two weeks and one day into my dread journey.

I used to be one of those people that thought dreads were dirty, i thought they looked rad as hell, but i just assumed they were dirty and so were the people with them. I used to be one of those people who quickly judged those who didn't use "real" shampoo and soaps. The "hippies" that claimed they didn't use ANY chemicals and they were vegan or vegitarian or what have you. I used to be one those poeple that made fun of you.

I have been through quite a bit of "crap" in my life and i was quick to take my anger out on others around me, I was recently diagnosed with PTSD, or (Post traumatic stress disorder) and the thought of it scared the hell out of me. I really thought that everything I have been through was either all in my head or over exagerated, apparently not.

So i decided that I was going to try and do dreadlocks. I watched and read about other peoples journeys through dreadlocks, when i found out that they were not dirty like I had always thought. first, i stopped using "real" shampoo and then slowly started dreading my hair. Its been two weeks and i love them. I wish i had done them sooner. I think back to when i used to make fun of people who did this, and here I am, I am doing it. I have dreadlocks, I don't use "real" shampoo and now i am trying to rid my body of all toxins.

I never knew who i was before, someone else always made my decisions for me. So, now i feel like a child all over again trying to figure out who i really am, i know this may sound a bit crazy, but its all real and its all new. and i am happy with who i am becoming. I am sorry i underestimated this lifestyle.

updated by @sunshine: 01/13/15 09:11:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

great intro

umm

this "crap"

i know ya probly dont want to air it publicly but if u do we have an emotional support section but we also have groups for supporting eachother lil less publicly and..u can always talk to me and others privately

so are u going vegatarian too?

dreads change you

how did u end up starting yours?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

I just stopped brushing my hair one day. i threw it out and no i am not vegitarian, although i am considering it. I will check out the emotional support thingy. thank you : )

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i went veg 28 or more years ago i couldnt imagine ever going back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sunshine
@sunshine
13 years ago
34 posts

that is awesome. I just posted a thing in emotional support. i went onto explain what "crap" i am talking about. I have never told anyone this stuff excpet my therapist. I figured starting here is another step closer... to whatever it is i am looking for.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

xo Sunshine']

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form