Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How and Why? SHRINKING

Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
@cayla-lynn-marie-thoenen
13 years ago
10 posts
I know when you backcomb your dreads, they shrink a loooot. I have tnr/natural ones and im not too concerned about shrinkage. But I was just wondering why they shrink?
updated by @cayla-lynn-marie-thoenen: 02/14/15 09:14:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

kbnots tighten sansd pull them up

think about the dread a momment

you start with straight hair

the straight hair is stretched out to its longfest possible length when pulled straight

nit take that hairs and twist em aslk up into a chaotic bundle of knots the 1 straight hair zig zagging in every possible direction including going back up instead of down and iu can see the root to tip length is going to be shorter drastickly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Take some hair, or string, yarn...anything like that...rub it between your hands and knot it up...it shrinks up! It isn't a big mystery...you just knotted and compressed it, so it has no choice but to shrink.
Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
13 years ago
10 posts
ok...thanks. on average, how much do they shrink?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1/2-2/3

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
13 years ago
10 posts
so i could loose half to most of my hair?
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
You know, it is funny how much some people shrink compared to others...I have shrunk, but not like some folks here! I think what was helpful for me too was that when I started the process my hair was not too long (about 6-8 inch.) and my hair grows really fast, so it has gotten almost twice as long in reality but seems to stay about the same to me (hope that makes sense!).
Alicia
@alicia
13 years ago
68 posts

I have lost a TON of length. Its ridiculous. Go check out my pics if you'd like to see how much they could shrink.

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
the longer your hair the more shrinkage you will have. My hair was down to my bum a year ago when I quit combing, now it's at my shoulders.
Cayla Lynn-Marie Thoenen
13 years ago
10 posts
My hair is around my shoulders and are still around my shoulders...lol. theyre 2 months and im just not looking forward to them shrinking. My boyfriends sisters started around a little under her bust and are now shorter than mine. hers are almost a year. But she tells me all the time that when they start shrinking that theyll be past my ears...which i try not to believe.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form