Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best compliment you've received on your dreads?

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
you Go gurl!!! That crazy person who wanted to attack you with a crochet hook sounds a bit whack-o! lol! I loved reading your response to her! Welcome to club of crazy, kinky, loopy, rebellious dreads with a mind of their own, I'm not only the president but a member as well!! Just love them the way they are, at 10 months I've grown quite attached to their insanity!! Much Love

Stephanie Krespach said:
Thanks guys!!! My unruly dreads are misbehaving, and I had one really good day...then it was washing time and since that washing i've come up with loops, zig zags and all kinds if craziness. I know this just means that they are knotting and that they are doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do...but sometimes the processsolicits a lot pf advice from the ill informed...especially where crochet hooks and felting needles are concerned. Usually i'm polite and tell them that these are not methods i'm using - and that my hair will eventually become exactly perfect no matter what it is...and they come back with "all dreads need some kind of help"..blah blah blah *insert harmfulpropagatedmisinformation here* and when I posted this I was looking to raise some positive energy because my dreads were being such rebellious little butt heads that day. It pushed me over the edge when some chick I DON'T EVEN KNOW TOLD me (not asked) that she was going to sit me down and "fix" my dreads with a crochet hook...because i was "neglecting them and they were becoming ugly and it was driving her insane"...she's one of those who knows everything because she USED to have a set of waxy crocheted locs for less than a year. I told her that I appreciated her concern, but that if she touched me at all without my permission that she would find herself dealing with the consequences...and that my hair was doing exactly what it was supposed to do and I was opting to leave it alone. It was like she'd never heard that from anyone before. Thank you for making me smile guys...i love this place for that. Keep the positive flowing!

updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/23/15 03:44:31PM
ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts
i was walking at the mall today, and some random girl, around thirteen or so, walked past me and said 'i like your dreads,' that made my day..and later on! i met a guy with dreads who gave me some pointers..so that was really cool..i also like going up to dreadies and saying 'i like your hair' cause it gets a laugh out of em and they return the compliment..
Stephanie Krespach
@stephanie-krespach
13 years ago
23 posts
Thats awesome Ashley. I love sharing the dread love.
❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
13 years ago
42 posts
The best compliment on mine, I would say is probably from my friends "Your dreads are coming in nicely! Wicked!"The worst one was just today,some chick at school was whispering to her friend VERY loud. She looked at me and said "She needs to take those things out . They aren't even cute and they are gross." I thought to myself "Well EXCUSE ME HONEY, I am not growing dreadlocks for YOU." :)
★ⓂoⒹ★Ernie
@modernie
13 years ago
22 posts
My neighbor that moved into the apartment next to me is deaf. One day, she came to the door and handed me a letter that she wrote. It started off "Hello, my friend and I saw your dreadlocks and figured that you might know where we can get some marijuana..." Not necessarily a compliment, but I thought it was kind of amusing, and though I was stereotyped, she was correct. So I got them some, and they shared. The End :-)
LillyPilly
@lillypilly
13 years ago
16 posts
What a great thread.I have two.1. I was at work one day and a colleague brought her daughter in late in the day. The daughter said to her mum regarding me, "who's that lady, look at her hair, she's beautiful".2. I went to the hairdresser to ask about having my hair dyed (because I find it difficult to do myself) and several of the hairdressers came over for a look and all said how great my hair looked and that they loved it and it suited me. That was really unexpected as I thought hairdressers wouldn't be keen on my dreads.
Karen Guy
@karen-guy
11 years ago
36 posts
My 10yo daughter Willow got her first compliment today. While at the local high to see a play, a friend of my oldest daughter came out & said, "Willow look at your dreads coming along, they are so pretty!" She just beamed. The best part, Willow's hair was extra wild, frizzy & messy today. Which her Dad & I think happens to be pretty darn cute! Just thought I would share that happy story :)
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

hahahah doesnt it suck when everything your into conforms to your stereotype.

oErnie said:

My neighbor that moved into the apartment next to me is deaf. One day, she came to the door and handed me a letter that she wrote. It started off "Hello, my friend and I saw your dreadlocks and figured that you might know where we can get some marijuana..." Not necessarily a compliment, but I thought it was kind of amusing, and though I was stereotyped, she was correct. So I got them some, and they shared. The End :-)
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

Funny enough, the best complements I've had, have come from from friends and work mates that have no hair!

Denise LaGrand
@denise-lagrand
11 years ago
6 posts
Just started my first dreads at age 50 because I don't want to regret it at 70! Love the dread/pot stereotyping! Hahaha

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form