Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Patience

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
So I have had dreads for over 2 months now and basically sometimes i just feel like cutting them off and other times i look at them and they look better. I feel there is some change, i can see a slight change but i guess i need to be patient.theres a voice in my head at times saying cut off the locs and then another part of me doesn't want to and wants to wait- dont worry i dont mean i have a split personality lol. I just mean that sometime i love my locs when i feel they look better and other times i want to cut them when they don't look like locs.Share what your intial experiance with dreadlocks, were there moments when you would't feel great about them and other moments when you would love them?
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 01/13/15 08:42:54PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
break your mirrorproblem solved

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
I know exactly how you feel.I've had my dreads for just over two months now and I get those days too.Sometimes they look great and I just want to go and show them off and other days they look so bad that I want to comb them out or cut them straight off.But after reading up on other peoples experiences, I know I'm not alone and it gives me the encouragement to keep going forward with them.We're still in the baby stages and still have a long journey in front of us, but I know deep down that it is all worth it and I'll look back at this and wonder why i worried so much.I wish you luck with your journey (:
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
same...but I've gotten more used to them and figuring out ways to make them look a little better...and if I can't, I just throw on a bandana or a headband to keep them back :)We are definitely not alone :D Mannie 'Love' said:
I know exactly how you feel.
I've had my dreads for just over two months now and I get those days too.Sometimes they look great and I just want to go and show them off and other days they look so bad that I want to comb them out or cut them straight off.But after reading up on other peoples experiences, I know I'm not alone and it gives me the encouragement to keep going forward with them.We're still in the baby stages and still have a long journey in front of us, but I know deep down that it is all worth it and I'll look back at this and wonder why i worried so much.I wish you luck with your journey (:
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
Sadly that's something I still struggle with. They don't want to stay in one position for any given time, ha.But it's worth the ride :D Paula said:
same...but I've gotten more used to them and figuring out ways to make them look a little better...and if I can't, I just throw on a bandana or a headband to keep them back :)

We are definitely not alone :D

Mannie 'Love' said:
I know exactly how you feel.
I've had my dreads for just over two months now and I get those days too. Sometimes they look great and I just want to go and show them off and other days they look so bad that I want to comb them out or cut them straight off.

But after reading up on other peoples experiences, I know I'm not alone and it gives me the encouragement to keep going forward with them.

We're still in the baby stages and still have a long journey in front of us, but I know deep down that it is all worth it and I'll look back at this and wonder why i worried so much.

I wish you luck with your journey (:
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
I feel you! I started my journey June 22 and so I am not quite 2 mos. in and today is one of those ugly, what the hell days!I always love the freedom of no blow~dryer and no flat iron and no gel and all that..but I do miss the days of "Wow! Your hair is gorgeous!" sometimes. Being a hairstylist it makes it especiallyy hard when you work on everybody and you know that they are looking at you like, "What happened to your head?" I just try to put all those negative feelings away and concentrate on why I started this in the first place...cuz I knew in my heart it was what was right for me. Bless you and stay strong!
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
14 years ago
49 posts
Soldier on man! I was the same for a long time, luckily when I started out I was in a stage of social hibernation so it was just myself and not others to contend with. I just found that one day, out of the blue I felt my head and was like "this isn't hair anymore..." and they looked well good.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
cheers everyone for sharing :DI actually looked in the mirror after washing my hair and it look gd yesterday but then it tried up lol.I would break the mirrors SE but.... my mum would kick my ass lol
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form