Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So i've had a shaved head for a while...

pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
This is what happens when you don't research the product you recommend! Thanks for catching that mistake Island Mamma. Never took the time to see what my friends were really using...time to have a talk with them about SLS. Island Mamma said:
Its a good idea but, the dreaded but lol, it actually contains no real hair growth promoter and is high in SLS and a bunch of other garbage so not good for growth.

pixie said:
There's a shampoo called Mane and Tail...its for horses and people as well. I've never tried it, but several close friends use it religiously and swear they get growth more quickly.

Just throwing that idea out there.

updated by @pixie: 07/23/15 03:58:48PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Well you've got a great foundation to start naturally. :P
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
Yes i almost wish i could do go natural but i don't think my job would be to happy about it they were okay with me have'n dreads the first time but i backcombed so it didn't look so crazy i guess. But this time i think i'm gonna go with Twist and Rip. But i still got a while my hair has grown like a inch sence the time that picture has been take'n GreyGargoyle said:
Well you've got a great foundation to start naturally. :P
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
If you have the funds to spare on a multi-vitamin. Go to a local health food store and buy a supplemental multi-vitamin that is designed to help your hair, skin, and nails.If you don't have the funds to spare. Get some exercise on a regular basis. My families hair stylist has to touch up her roots more often now that she is excising on a regular basis.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I have been told that pre-natal (sp?) vitamins boost your hair growth like crazy but I am not sure what else they would do to a body not having/trying to have a baby lol
Arturis Static
@arturis-static
14 years ago
51 posts
Greetings Nic Sullivan,I have always found it interesting to conversant about people who have cut their locks (and not because they used wax and it went horribly wrong). So why did you cut them off and how many year(s) did you have them for?As for the advice of having a good amount of thinking before proceeding to cut the locks, that is very true. I have been thinking about cutting my hair since like 2009 and have decided that in 2012 I will cut them. I've grown them for 8 years so far and once they reach that 10 year mark I think it will be time....
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey nic man!!! so thats what you looked like shaved lol :Pnot bad :)anyways i work at a vitamin supplement store, the best things to make sure you take are a multi vitamin (pre natels are good but just taking a regular one is good, all these do are insure your body is supplied with everything it needs for the body to make sure it can grow hair at as it's most optimal rate possible)also SE is right a herb called horsetail, (also usually found called by SIlica) can be very useful to promote hair growth as well, sometimes you can find this in a multi vitamin formula with hair growth in mind.also a B vitamin called Biotin can be very useful to insure your hair grows as fast an strong as possible, alot of people I know take this for that reason up to 5mg daily. (sometimes shampoos contain this for the same reason)hope you get to grow your hair out long again tho man.th
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
Honestly my reason for cutting was cause, i had family always telling me it looked horrible friends telling me to cut it. So after almost 6 months not even a year =/ i cut them. Then i did them again. For about 3 months then my job was give'n me a hard time i thought i was gonna have to find i a new one so then. I though i was gonna have to get a job in fast food but it would be hard with the white boy locks. So i shaved and now i still have the same job and i'm kicking myself in the ass for cutting the first set off. =P But yea thats my story Arturis Static said:
Greetings Nic Sullivan,

I have always found it interesting to conversant about people who have cut their locks (and not because they used wax and it went horribly wrong). So why did you cut them off and how many year(s) did you have them for?

As for the advice of having a good amount of thinking before proceeding to cut the locks, that is very true. I have been thinking about cutting my hair since like 2009 and have decided that in 2012 I will cut them. I've grown them for 8 years so far and once they reach that 10 year mark I think it will be time....
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
awesome man thanks for the heads up, i really appreciate the heads up. I will prolly look for the vitamin and the shampoo i hate have'n short hair it's drive'n me nuts Iain said:
Hey nic man!!! so thats what you looked like shaved lol :P
not bad :)
anyways i work at a vitamin supplement store, the best things to make sure you take are a multi vitamin (pre natels are good but just taking a regular one is good, all these do are insure your body is supplied with everything it needs for the body to make sure it can grow hair at as it's most optimal rate possible)

also SE is right a herb called horsetail, (also usually found called by SIlica) can be very useful to promote hair growth as well, sometimes you can find this in a multi vitamin formula with hair growth in mind.

also a B vitamin called Biotin can be very useful to insure your hair grows as fast an strong as possible, alot of people I know take this for that reason up to 5mg daily. (sometimes shampoos contain this for the same reason)

hope you get to grow your hair out long again tho man.

th
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
black soap and shea butter (raw)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form