@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
What's twist and rip?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i would NOT clip hairs but can u take a macro shot of what u mean?twist and rips a method for starting dreads you twist the section then split it pulling apart in several random places forcing knots towards the scalp after 5 ot 6 tips u retwist and repeat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
post pics
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Ok. Pics. I do think they are starting to look better already. After just a week. Ill post some comp pics too in a bit. The hairs Im referring to are the ones that seem to be twisted up the entire 'dread'..

updated by @nicole: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Sorry the pic is sideways.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats the woven look of crochetted dreads but if u dont crochet anty more they will rearange themselves become less woven more dreaded but takes some time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
i wouldn't start over, that is for sure! they will be fine! they don't look bad, just a little weird, like all new dreads in one way or another. just let them do what they want from now on and they should be great over time, i'm sure.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Follow your heart mama.PS I hope you'r not feeling pressured to start over.
Nicole
@nicole
14 years ago
125 posts
Not pressued here, internally. I want to :) Island Mamma said:
Follow your heart mama.

PS I hope you'r not feeling pressured to start over.

updated by @nicole: 07/13/15 09:48:35AM
inked.pixie
@inkedpixie
14 years ago
8 posts
One of the ladies who originally worked on my dreads had thick, crocheted dreads for 6 years, combed them out and started again with skinny dreads. Apparently it took 3 months but they did get combed out eventually and she retained a lot of her hair length... surprisingly! soaringeagle said:
i dont know anyone who copmbed out crochetted dreads personaly but i have a feeling it would be harder then other dreads and might not work well but i dunno

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form