dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing....

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
so this hair shampoo should help me get dreads? soaringeagle said:
well what do u really need to know to know how to dread?
wash seperate..
but these so called professionals say dont was\h..
and they think u need to backcomb and wax and crochet and and and ..they dont have a clue

ricky williams said:
thats pretty bad if it was 2nd grade lol all i remember doing then is multiplying and ummm reading stories

said:
thats what u get for having your "hair done" the so called professionals know less about dreading then a homeless guy who flunked out of 2nd grade

washing helps dreads dread

Shuaib ahmed said:
Because I just got my hair done so the girl who did it said wait a while till you wash it at first

Sister Rags said:
Wash it whenever you feel like washing it...what's the 10 - 14 days thing for?

updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 07/09/15 12:19:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
washing with a non residue soap without conditioners is all u need to do to get dreads actualy u can even get away with using residue soaps but its not best..the only thing that really "'helps u get dreads" is timesea salt sprays help speed up time a lil bitor.. time has no meanning if your just livin life playin in the woods and forgetting all about your hair1 freind i knew got dreads this way (and im not recommending it) she went on a 2week drinking binge in the woods was blacked out drunk when she sobered up she had dreads (and stayed sober from then on)my best freind spent months trying to find someone to backcomb her then 2 weeks in the woods and 2 washings in a stream had dreadsdreasds are not complicated..keep hair clean free of conditioners and stop combing they'll dread wiyhout any help..just time Shuaib ahmed said:
so this hair shampoo should help me get dreads?

soaringeagle said:
wash seperate..
and they think u need to backcomb and wax and crochet and and and ..they dont have a clue

ricky williams said:
thats pretty bad if it was 2nd grade lol all i remember doing then is multiplying and ummm reading stories

said:
thats what u get for having your "hair done" the so called professionals know less about dreading then a homeless guy who flunked out of 2nd grade

Shuaib ahmed said:
Because I just got my hair done so the girl who did it said wait a while till you wash it at first

Sister Rags said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ohrite, thanks alot I think im gunna use a micture of salt water and non residue shampoo.... cheers :) soaringeagle said:
washing with a non residue soap without conditioners is all u need to do to get dreads actualy u can even get away with using residue soaps but its not best..
the only thing that really "'helps u get dreads" is time
sea salt sprays help speed up time a lil bit
or.. time has no meanning if your just livin life playin in the woods and forgetting all about your hair

1 freind i knew got dreads this way (and im not recommending it) she went on a 2week drinking binge in the woods was blacked out drunk when she sobered up she had dreads (and stayed sober from then on)

my best freind spent months trying to find someone to backcomb her then 2 weeks in the woods and 2 washings in a stream had dreads

dreasds are not complicated..keep hair clean free of conditioners and stop combing they'll dread wiyhout any help..just time

Shuaib ahmed said:
so this hair shampoo should help me get dreads?

soaringeagle said:
wash seperate..

ricky williams said:

said:

Shuaib ahmed said:

Sister Rags said:
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Time will help you get dreads. Non residue shampoo will keep icky residues from building up in your hair over time. Try and get used to the frizz it's probably not goin away any time soon! and Wash Your Hair! Oily hair will dread slower, clean hair dreads faster. Good Luck & Much Love
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
which dr bronners do you think i should get? NaturalWomyn said:
Time will help you get dreads. Non residue shampoo will keep icky residues from building up in your hair over time. Try and get used to the frizz it's probably not goin away any time soon! and Wash Your Hair! Oily hair will dread slower, clean hair dreads faster. Good Luck & Much Love
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
get tee tree liquid dr. bronners SOAP, the orange one, or the light blue one which is BABY MILD if u dont want scent but tee tree is great! dilute it in separate bottle and use it as shampoo (and body wash if u wish, its organic healthy stuff). simple as that.if u want the salt water do it separately, put some water and some salt in it in spray bottle, it should taste like ocean ;D, spray it on dreads, it will simulate some nice dipp in ocean. simple.thats it... good luck....;) Shuaib ahmed said:
which dr bronners do you think i should get?
NaturalWomyn said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u want 12 times more water then soap (they are the 18 in 1 magic soaps)teatree is bestandu want sea salt not table salt or any other (altho kosher salt maybe close enough)

--
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
I didn't see your reply before and bought this http://www.lucyrose.biz/organic-peppermint-castile-liquid-soap-236ml---dr-bronners-2231-p.asp

Mikey Mikez said:
get tee tree liquid dr. bronners SOAP, the orange one, or the light blue one which is BABY MILD if u dont want scent but tee tree is great! dilute it in separate bottle and use it as shampoo (and body wash if u wish, its organic healthy stuff). simple as that. if u want the salt water do it separately, put some water and some salt in it in spray bottle, it should taste like ocean ;D, spray it on dreads, it will simulate some nice dipp in ocean. simple.thats it... good luck....;) Shuaib ahmed said:
NaturalWomyn said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
what size u get pepermint some ppl like for the tingle and smell but doesnt have some of the benifits teatree has so u can get a big bittle of teatree and when the pepermints getting low start mixing em then use the empty pepermint as your dilution bottle once u finnish it Shuaib ahmed said:
I didn't see your reply before and bought this http://www.lucyrose.biz/organic-peppermint-castile-liquid-soap-236m...

Mikey Mikez said:
get tee tree liquid dr. bronners SOAP, the orange one, or the light blue one which is BABY MILD if u dont want scent but tee tree is great! dilute it in separate bottle and use it as shampoo (and body wash if u wish, its organic healthy stuff). simple as that. if u want the salt water do it separately, put some water and some salt in it in spray bottle, it should taste like ocean ;D, spray it on dreads, it will simulate some nice dipp in ocean. simple. thats it... good luck....;)

Shuaib ahmed said:
NaturalWomyn said:

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I think it's mostly your preference. I do use and recommend the tea tree cause it helps with the itchies and dandruff that can come along with dreads. Also helps prevent mold. Liquid or bar is up to you! You're on the right track, let us know if you have any more questions! *love* Shuaib ahmed said:

NaturalWomyn said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form