Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a debate challenge to johny clean

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well..his deads dont move i do think its a legit que4stion but yea we should take the high roadok 12 why do waxy dreads when cut off defy gravity and stand straight up (we have a vid to prove it somewhere) 13 why is it possible to tear a dread apart see the wax inside then palm roll it once and have it glued back together lookimg like a perfect mature inharmed dread Lonnie Berg said:
I agree with Iain!!!

Iain said:
really think 12/14 should be removed, let's take this seriously and not insult anyone's own locks, it really is degrading to this site, in my opinion. It's cool in joking manner, but since he's allegedly going to actually do this, let's not push him away. I think approaching this in a collective well thought out manner is really for the best here.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I would ask him how much wax he originally used in all his own sets, and how or if it might have differed from his updated instructions.and if for the many customers who meet the criteria of "over waxing" how long would it take to remove wax that has accumulated.furthermore also a question about the correlation of stiffened locks and the use of wax, why does it seem to produce locks that have a stick like stiffened tightness to them, different from real maturity found in other locks. or is this the result of a fore mentioned over waxing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
good onesso why dont we compile an updated list of say 20-25 quesyions i'll add to the 1st post or the day of the debate we'll start a new discussion just for the debate since we have so many irelevant posts here that way we can keep ot clean and focused Iain said:
I would ask him how much wax he originally used in all his own sets, and how or if it might have differed from his updated instructions.
and if for the many customers who meet the criteria of "over waxing" how long would it take to remove wax that has accumulated.

furthermore also a question about the correlation of stiffened locks and the use of wax, why does it seem to produce locks that have a stick like stiffened tightness to them, different from real maturity found in other locks. or is this the result of a fore mentioned over waxing.

--
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
yeah that's a good idea. this will most likely drag out for awhile be4 it's officially done with.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i made the official debate space here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/official-johnny-clean it will remain closed right up to debate time to keep it clean i would like to add some questions about the lock docta as well and maybe why he recomenfds well over a dozen different methods products and tools when dreads can happen without even 1 of the things he recomends etcsooo come on guys think up as few more questions and as long as theyre inofensive they will be added

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha i cant stand watching them eitherbut thats a good pint if anyone wants to do thathows thisquestion 8: in your lock docta vid you market a felting needle as a way to "fix" dreads that are simply doing what dreads do as they mature, but on the lock docta website it clearly says using the tool can cause the dread to break tight iff, why do you recommend fixing a dread thats not broken with a tool that can cause it to be broken?in fact gonna use that for now Knottysleeves said:
I think question #8 should be revised. The style of his videos isn't really relevant to the discussion... videos are one of his marketing methods and he has every right to style them as he sees fit (even if they induce migraines in many of us). I suggest re-wording the question to something like "In Video #1, at [timestamp] you say X, but later on at [timestamp] you contradict yourself by saying Y. So which is correct?"

The whole "dirt can't get into the cores, but wax does" thing is what I'm thinking of. I get bad headaches from his videos though so I am not willing to sit through them and catalogue all the contradictions. ;-) Is anyone else willing & able?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok changed 8 and added a couple more lemme know what neds changing adding etc (from here on out changes will only be made on the oficial debate page)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i can only imaginedid you use wax?were you harmed"/was it my magic wax?did you over wax? (by definition that means if you didnt like wax)do you hate me just cause i make more money then you?if im so bad why do i have over 1000 pics of people happy with wax dreads over 10 years? Knottysleeves said:
I wish we could see his questions in advance, since he can see ours. :-)

--
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I doubt he'll participate... if he does it's because he knows that the views that we get of said debate aren't going to completely trash his sales. In the end, it's all a marketing game... and let me tell you from experience, internet marketing is an eternal catfight (between the two of us, it's like a lion vs a kitten...we're outnumbered, out budgeted, out ranked and out SEO'd)...and boy is is fierce out there. Especially Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It's all about who has a bigger budget...and at this point, our budget is slim to none in comparison.We can post good information, informative posts and debates, but in the end until we have a multi-million dollar budget (or a sponsor with that kind of budget) we're not going to make any headway in beating Mr. Johnny at this marketing game he has going. Realize that about the only reason that I didn't fall for it, is because I could smell a kick ass marketing campaign in progress, and because I was dirt poor and didn't want to pay that kind of money for a change in my hair.Personally I'd like to see this entire Johnny Clean thing just vanish. It's a waste of energy and effort...just another reason to get revved up over something that we can't change. He will always have people that will follow him to oblivion and back, and we will always have our members (as well as those all over the internet who know the joys of natural dreads [by natural I mean wax-less]) who know from experience that we're trying to spread the truth. It probably won't sway his groupies though. What you have to remember is that when people pay a fair amount of money for something, they're more liable to stand by it than to admit that they wasted their money. It's human pride, and it can't be helped. I say we do what we do best, and help those who have been fooled into thinking that wax is a good idea recover from their previous mistakes. Forget names, brands and faces. It's the wax we have a problem with. Trust me, viral is the way to go with a tiny budget; and nothing is more viral than word of mouth.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i read that this is actually happening? no way.
updated by @illumiknotty: 07/09/15 06:08:23AM

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form