Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do you do if...

Sophehhh
@sophehhh
14 years ago
11 posts
most of my family hate my hair, but as people said its down to the individual, u cant expect people to understand your reasons of knotting, but its a personal choice, if your still really unhappy about them then the option of cutting them off is always there, not that i would advise it as i thnk dreads look beautiful on anybody. but so long as your the person u have always been people will still love and respect you. iv also had the 'so when u getting rid of them' chat for about 6 years now, and it is so old. but i always answer with a never :P just pisses them off that little bit more, people dont have a right in telling you what you can and cant do, though i have had troubles with jobs, they way i think of it is if u cant get a job with them then that company aint worth working with. id rather a job where i can be myself in rather than shaving my hair to conform. i hope u cheer up sunshine =)
updated by @sophehhh: 07/23/15 02:20:10AM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
In my experience people are generally uncomfortable with the idea of someone who thinks and acts for them self. Whether you like it or not having dreads is a statement of having disregard for the opinions of others.Personally, not just with the dreads but with a lot of the decisions in my life my family has questioned. As they realized that I would listen to their opinions but not base my actions on them. My relationship with each member has changed and I feel that to an extent the overall function of my family has changed also -- for the better in my opinion. Most of my family loves my dreads now and wants to play with them. XD
sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Man, I can't imagine my mom ever wanting to play with my dreads!I don't know what I want to do career-wise right now; it seems as though I've gone through a drastic change in what I want out of life. I don't know exactly what I want, but I do want dreads and that's the only thing that I can say for sure! It does make it worse when it is your own family that is the least accepting out of everyone (especially when you're so close to them, like I am). My sister has done some crazy stuff to her hair, her body, etc. and I don't know why the idea of dreads is flipping my mom out. But it does hurt. Anubis said:
In my experience people are generally uncomfortable with the idea of someone who thinks and acts for them self. Whether you like it or not having dreads is a statement of having disregard for the opinions of others.

Personally, not just with the dreads but with a lot of the decisions in my life my family has questioned. As they realized that I would listen to their opinions but not base my actions on them. My relationship with each member has changed and I feel that to an extent the overall function of my family has changed also -- for the better in my opinion. Most of my family loves my dreads now and wants to play with them. XD
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Ziggy Marley "Love is my Religion" Regardless of what anyone says or does. Choose love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, self-control, and goodness with all the humbleness you can muster.
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
14 years ago
154 posts
i remember my parents told me i wasnt aloud to do it under their roof. but i did it anyways and alot of my family actually all of my family almost hat them. but i mean look i have a husband who has them and a son who has them and even though some ppl say they hate my hair they still like me. you cant expect everyone to like the same things you do. thats the beauty and downfall of life. as for your mom u know shell get over it and im sure theres other things she may or may not approve of in ur life ya know. and as far as ur hubby remember he made the comment "i love u even though u havent brushed ur hair in 5 days" so u know that even if he doesnt understand ur true reasons for wanting them and even though he thinks i persuade you maybe he will realize that this is the "real" or"new" you and im sure that since he loves you inside out that hair aint gonna matter in the end. the beginnings of them are usually the hardest for certain family members cuz they just dont understand them. and hard on you because u arent use to the critisizm as u will be later on. but like i said to you before in person just as many ppl out there who may not like them there are those of us who think you will look beautiful in them and ulitmately it comes down to what u inside truly want. i mean if it really is something u desire to have and if u do love them alot then once they are actually forming you will be so happy with them that u wont be asking urself what if. just make sure u do what makes u happy and not for someone else. and those of us that care about you will have ur back no matter what! plus dude ima be here another year so ill help u fight those negatives!!! chyea

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form